Shadowlands - Unable to Queue for Dungeons

Hi all,

So, I was hoping to finish Shadowlands content before moving on to DF content. But Chromie doesn’t allow me to switch my timeline anymore. I’m in BFA timeline, and can only queue for BFA dungeons. So, I cannot queue for SL dungeons now.

And I’m only level 60. Chromie time is still supposed to work at level 60. What gives?

4 Likes

im trying to figure this out too, like what happened to shadowlands dungeons in lfg, i cant afford df right now so i was going to level alts but i cant q for shadowlands dungeons and im not doing cancerous bfa dungeons

3 Likes

Blizzard did something similar to this with the launch of Shadowlands.

The game told you at 50 to go to Shadowlands, and locks you out of the dungeon finder for BFA and earlier content. The official FAQs on the Blizzard website said that once you hit 60, you would be able to queue again. This was false. They changed this language later, silently.

It seems like they’re doing it again.

The documentation says you should be able to change Chromie time up to level 60, but this is simply not true anymore. Three days ago it was possible. Today it is not.

So I am once against locked out of finishing content that I wanted to finish, to try and be pushed into content that I’m not ready for.

I unsubbed from Blizzard for 15 months the last time this was done, and I’m about to again. It’s super frustrating.

9 Likes

This continues to be a problem and I have put in ANOTHER bug report for it. In the support list it says, “Our developers have fixed the issue that was causing this problem. Please try again.” This is blatantly wrong. No ability to put in a ticket makes you think the bug reports are dropping into nothingness, especially when they say resolved while still ongoing.

I keep coming back to the forums to hopefully find a work around.

4 Likes

Bottom line: Blizzard is going to do what they did to players in Shadowlands. Hope they just say “screw it,” and move on to DF content.

What dungeons/raids from SL are you having trouble doing? Maybe we can get a group going here, and meet up in game.

1 Like

If you are level 60 then Chromie is over as you are now where you would be to start the new expansion. If you don’t want to do DF yet that’s fine but you’re not going to be able to queae for dungeons in old content because that is for people who are leveling.

1 Like

Right. The Blizzard help/support page for the issue says that they are working on it. I just want to be able to finish the SL content. A few people mentioned that I would be able to solo the dungeons in order to finish the content, so I just pressed on.

I think I just have to the Sanctum/Sylvanas fight and then the Jailer fight left. So hopefully I’ll be able to solo that, or find a small group of friends that will do a run through of it with me.

1 Like

You could also check for legacy raiding in the LFG tool.

I have no idea what that is tbh. I must have completely missed that, because I couldn’t click to go into any raids tonight. I was just able to view two DF dungeons. That’s it.

If you’re on a Level 50+ character you can use the Looking For Group tool (not the Looking For Dungeon/Raid one, similar names, I know).
i key → Premade Groups → type in the name or sort through the categories and see if there’s anyone doing stuff you’re interested in or start a group yourself.

I get more XP at level 60 for picking an herb in Bastion than I do for killing a mob on The Waking Shore, so I wonder if this is to force people into DF rather than levelling above 60 in Shadowlands?

2 Likes

I keep reporting the different variants of this bug to Blizzard via the in-game report bug mechanism in hopes they will do something about them. As it’s affecting a lot of people in a lot of different ways (if you didn’t buy DF, you can’t queue for any SL content if you’re 60 as Chromie Time has ended, so you’re stuck with Korthia and ZM as your end game).

The below post is my summary of the 3 bug variants I am hoping get fixed. Specifically #2 is the biggest issue for me, as I have friends who are leveling and I only have 60’s to help them with, and Party Sync doesn’t work for Shadowlands Chromie Time (works for EVERY SINGLE OTHER one, just NOT Shadowlands).

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure when I tried this last night, it was only listing groups made in the Dragon Isles. But I’ll check again after the patch.

So here is the answer. To put it simply, if you wanted to complete content in SL involving dungeons and raids as a level 60 without Dragonflight, you can’'s use dungeon or raid finder, which honestly sucks. I found this in the Customer Support page today when attempting to report as a bug: “If you are level 60 and do not own Dragonflight, you will not be able to do Timewalking campaigns, and you will currently only see Battle for Azeroth dungeons”.

1 Like

Seems to be another major topic on this same issue. I was shocked when I realized I couldn’t go back and older characters continue the Shadowlands stuff. Especially since I missed so much content while I was on my hiatus. Being pushed into Dragonflight pretty much.

Here is the other topic:

2 Likes

People keep saying "

But what people aren’t understanding or Blizzard , is that even if you own Dragon Flight, you still can’t use dungeon or raid finder for anything other then Dragon Flight. Nothing before Dragon Flight appears. Shadowlands is not in the list, or BFA (once you hit Level 61). ONLY dragon flight.

1 Like

Being level 61 and only being able to queue for DF content makes some sense at least… (not that you’re too high for other content yet though…) but being level 60, the level INTENDED for SHADOWLANDS, and only being able to queue for BATTLE FOR AZEROTH (level 50 content) is just ridiculous…

2 Likes

Even if you could Que you’d be waiting hours of the Que ever even popped. Play the content when it’s current. Nobody to claim but you.

They should really fix this. It’s ridiculous and bad.

1 Like

this is so pathetic

made alot of threads the first weeks of DF before they had any busyness with the raid race…

and its still not fixed.

you need to code something to enable SL dungeon queues for a character at 60. thats it.

too much XP for leveling thru 1 level? then get a 2nd guy to reduce the XP from SL instanced content at 60.

1 Like