Shadowlands Typo & Grammatical Error Megathread

In the achievement ‘Wardrobe Makeover’ for Necrolords, it says ‘vesitgial wings’ it should say vestigial wings.

Object: Burried Cache

“Buried” is misspelled.

Item: Simmiring Draft of Shadows

The second “i” should be an “e”, thus spelling “simmering”.

Boss: Guardian of the First Ones

In the Adventure Guide, for the Purging Protocol ability description it says:

“Upon reaching 0 energy the Guardian beings to repeatedly unleash…”

It should be begins

1 Like

Remove “an” in the tooltip description for Silver Shardhide Whistle.

Typos in the quest objectives for the campaign quest “Directing Dedication”:

“rang” should be “rung” in both “South Gate Vesper rang” and “North Gate Vesper rang”

Item: Mosscoated Hopper

Issue: I’m not sure if it is intended in this case, but I don’t think the “Mosscoated Hopper” item name should be used for the “Mosscoated Gromit” battle pet.

Suggestion: Rename the item to match the name used for the battle pet.

Edit: Unrelated, but could we please get this stickied so users don’t have to use the forum search function or search through their internet history?

Minor enough issue that it doesn’t warrant its own thread, so commenting here.

The Headless Horseman boss in the special version of Scarlet Monastery - Graveyard is still repeating his lines, specifically when entering phase 3 (“Soldiers, arise! Stand and fight!” […] ). This was also an issue during last year’s run of Hallow’s End, and I’m fairly certain even longer than that.

Quest: Observational Records (Korthia Daily)
NPC: Ta’nasi
Errors: (upon completion) “Was it always home to such terrible creatures, or did was it something more? And here is your reward, as promised
Correction: “Was it always home to such terrible creatures, or was it something more? And here is your reward, as promised.
(“Did” should be removed; also, a period should be placed at the end of the second sentence, after “promised”.)

RE: Word needed to make sentence make sense
In the Campaign “Nal’ragas”, in giving the quest “Spy Vs Spy”, Baroness Vashj says, “I have brought a tool Kael’thas and I used detect nathrezim when we served under Illidan.” There should be a “to” between “used” and “detect”.

Quest: Nal’ragas
NPC: Kael’thas Sunstrider
Error: In the boss frame that shows the model of the enemy and a blurb about them, the blurb for Nal’ragas says “A skilled infiltrator of the nathrazim.”
Correction: “A skilled nathrazim infiltrator.” or “A skilled nathrazim and infiltrator.” or “A skilled infiltrator of the nathrezim race.”
(The way it is currently is unclear and odd, and makes it seem like Nal’ragas has infiltrated the nathrezim.)

Quest: The Nathrezim
NPC: The Stonewright
Error: “…What is more, while they hold it we are denied the ability forge a new sigil.”
Correction: “…What is more, while they hold it we are denied the ability to forge a new sigil.”
(There should be a “to” between “ability” and “forge”.)

Quest: Winter’s Sigil (Chains of Domination Campaign, Chapter: “The Power of Night”)
NPC: The Stonewright
Location: The Heart of the Forest (err, the portally-looking thing nearby it)
Error: After fighting TyrandElune, after the cutscene (OMG that cutscene!!! THE LORE!!!) you can choose to chat with The Stonewright. On the last “page” of her monologue, the last sentence says “I learned from my experience how to help others with others with their own.”
Correction: “I learned from my experience how to help others with their own.”
(“Others with” is written twice; omit one.)

There’s a typo in the Darkened Vombata mount flavour text (Patch 9.2). The current text is:
" The schematic to synthesize these darkened vombata seem to have"

It should be either “seems to have” or “schematics”.

There’s a grammatical awkwardness in the flavour text of the Foreged Spiteflayer mount (patch 9.2). The current text is:
“There’s nothing that can make you feel as alive quite like riding …”

It should probably be either:
“There’s nothing quite like riding …”
or:
“There’s nothing that can make you feel quite as alive as riding …”

1 Like

There’s a typo in the flavour text of the Cryptic Aurelid mount (patch 9.2). The current text is:
“… some aurelids are drawn to mortals who aspite to unlock its mystery.”

“aspite” should be “aspire”.

Mission: Giant Footprints in the Sand
NPC: Mawsworn Hulk

In the tooltip for the Dominating Presence ability, there is a grammatical error:

Strikes fear in it’s opponents

Removing the apostrophe will fix the problem.

1 Like

Quest: The instance during Call of the Primus and A Hasty Voyage
Location: The Crucible, atop Oribos, where the Eternal Ones meet
NPC: Attendant Functionary
Typo:

When you are ready, I can return you to return to the enclave.

Correction:

When you are ready, I can return you to the enclave.
Remove the second “return to”.

1 Like

I’ve only gotten the buff once, but it’s in Zereth Mortis, involving Pocopoc talking to a Jiro.
You receive a buff from the Jiro and the tooltip for the buff says you’ve got a higher chance of looting materials when gathering “treaures”, instead of “treasures”.

Also, the main post has a typo in the last few lines. “make sure the include the NPC’s name”

2 Likes

Quest: The Way Forward
Location: Exile’s Hollow (Faith’s Repose translocator), Zereth Mortis
NPC: Pelagos
Typo:

With Pocopoc at your side, I wonder what else you will be discover about Zereth Mortis?

Correction:

With Pocopoc at your side, I wonder what else you will discover about Zereth Mortis?

(The “be” between “will” and “discover” should be omitted.)

Came here to report this. The buff is called “Gift of the Genesii.”

Carving Out a Path (quest=63733) quest description:

In order for Roh-Suir and I to escape…

Should be “Roh-Suir and me”. The Archivist is smart enough to know that the object of a preposition takes the objective case!