Shadowlands Season 2 Arena Cutoff Concern

Good Evening Blizzard,

My team and I recently concluded our exciting adventure that was Shadowlands Season 2 Arena.

We entered our final arena game at 12:57AM EST on 2/22/22 and emerged victorious at 1:01AM, four minutes later. The DK on our team was then the highest rated DK on the Americas ladder at 3464 rating.

We shortly realized that the final victory of the active arena season did not show on our armory or ladder ranking (still shows 3452). It is our understanding that a game started prior to the cutoff time of 1:00AM EST should be considered when evaluating end of season rewards.

Is there a way to elevate this concern and ensure an accurate count?

We have sufficient evidence to confirm the details of what happened and am happy to share. I just want to make sure that you, Blizzard, are already aware of this issue to ensure a fair end of the season for everyone.

Please let me know if any action is needed on our part.

Thank you!

69 Likes

I realize I posted this on my level 34 Classic warrior, not sure how to change that lol.

11 Likes

The game was queued, started and developed during active season, it ended 70 seconds after 1 AM EST

17 Likes

Liked the post, good luck dude.

2 Likes

These players are true heros of TSG and deserve this title.
Full support for you guys. :heart:

15 Likes

Not sure how blizz will handle it but imo if the game was queued when the season is still active it should count. Gl on r1

5 Likes

Cut off is like 3430ish, whether you got credit or not you should still be above it, if that’s your concern.

That hasn’t updated yet, it’s probably 3462.

3 Likes

Ohhhhh. Well yeah that sucks. Might get lucky and have DQs knock it down some I guess. :frowning:

Blizzard look at this !

1 Like

Thats sucks

Nah u don’t get it sry :frowning:

They would take a snapshot of the logs at the specifed time.

Any rating changes from that point onwards wouldnt be counted including games in play.

While this is the most accurate way to do it and would make sense to adhere to the strict cut-off time I can see the annoyance.

I just don’t see how else they’d do it as it would be too fiddly having to also count just the games in play from prior to 1AM too but I’m hoping the snapshot was 1m late in your scenario.

a 4 minute tsg game? no way

I don’t believe so. I think once the season end, regardless of whether you win or lose the next match. The rating you were at before Blizzard lock the season is what you are at for the season.

At least that’s my observation from previous seasons.

Weren’t servers also shutting down then though as the season ended with maintenance? Seasons weren’t ending at 10 pm while the servers are up for hours afterwards. Seems to be way different.

If you are talking about SL s1 then yeah the season didn’t end until 40ish min after. But I don’t think that was the case in bfa or prio expansion

I could be wrong though

These guys stuck together & queued TSG simply because they are loyal friends. Reaching rank 1 rating with an off meta comp and potentially missing out on the title due to 1 minute just doesn’t seem right. Even if the rule says otherwise, if ever an exception was warranted this is it Blizz.

8 Likes

you had a lot of time to achieve this rating before the last 4 minutes of the season! that is on you for not getting it before the season ended!

1 Like

https://gyazo.com/b1a512da25ae685539d32111c57a213e here is a picture of our healers reflex to prove that we have won the last game we played, the time you see on the left its the ending time of the match. Here https://gyazo.com/708a73ec9a91ee7ad07f2a935809a3bd you can see the time when the game started which was in regulation time and during active season, it ended 74 seconds after 1 AM EST. You can also tell that the match up tsg vs mage lock mw correlates to the reflex addon picture (picture one).

From our understanding the ending of the season was automated and it did not took in consideration the last games there were still in play at the time.

6 Likes