Shadowlands PVP FIXED FINALLY!

So 1 game? 2 games?

Like, 10 games

1 Like

super agreed.

If you’re capable of thinking and breathing at the same time 1400 is easy. You can achieve it w/o a monitor like JFC.

Why do people think getting to 1400 will solve their problem? That’s just the first upgrade. People will still outgear you in random BG’s by ~20 item levels. If you’re a casual player, random BGs are finished for you.

The only thing Blizzard can do to fix the imbalance is to add PvP scaling back into the game. You know that thing that everybody hates. I guarantee it will come back if they don’t change this system. Blizzard has no choice. The workable solutions will be templates, PvP scaling, or matchmaking in random BGs.

If they don’t do something, the casual PvP players will get pretty tired of being called, and feeling like, “trash.” Plus they won’t have a path to get better unless they want to climb a ladder. So they will feel hopeless too.

You can’t start telling people to “Rank or die.” It won’t work any better than the “raid or die” message did? In fact, it would probably be worse since there are many more people in raids than there are in Arenas.

1 Like

Okay. Nice. I needed something like this as the final determining factor for purchasing the expansion (at check out now). Was a little conflicted at first, but this seals it. :smirk:

I’ll save you the trouble. The changes are an improvement in some regards but terrible in others. One step forward, three steps back for the following reasons:

Step forward:

1. PvP gear will have versatility
  2. You can target your PvP gear with conquest points
  3. You can upgrade your conquest gear via RATED honor points (only in arenas and rbgs)

The step backwards:

1. Removal of conquest bar for casual play
  2. Casual players CANNOT get conquest points to purchase conquest gear (attainable since Cataclysm!) without doing arenas, rbgs
  3. Casual players CANNOT upgrade conquest gear without entering rated play
  4. Blizzard is treating PvP progression, similar to PvE progression, when it is not the same. PvP is fluid, not static.

Basically, the casual PvP community was sacrificed so that rated players can have a progression towards conquest gear, when for years (12+ years), conquest was attainable via casual play to get conquest gear to jump into arena.

What the current changes mean is that casual players are going to jump right into bgs and get crap PvP gear to jump into an already established arena season with conquest geared players to get STOMPED. OR, jump directly into arena after levelling and get STOMPED by conquest geared players.

Yet, people don’t seem to care. Ridiculous changes. Let players get their conquest and honor through casual play, even if it is at a slower rate. Changes just divide the already US vs THEM mentality of casual players vs arena players.

2 Likes

So, forcing a mode on players who want no business in it? Casual players, like myself, don’t give two craps about rated play. Essentially, the same as a PvE player telling you: “Hey man, downing this mythic boss takes 30 minutes at most, provided you know how your class functions.”

Oh, what is that? If you don’t care about mythic bosses, then why do you think casual players care about rated? Nothing was wrong with the old model, since bloody freaking CATACLYSM of allowing conquest gear attainable via a weekly bar through casual OR rated play.

1 Like

That’s not really a 1:1 comparison though because there are rating brackets for Rated PvP. Someone playing at 1400 MMR is nowhere near the same as going into a Mythic Raid. Low MMR Arenas and Yolo RBGs can be done by casuals who are completely new to the game.

That’s fair, but the PVE guy also isn’t asking for LFR to allow him to upgrade his gear to heroic.

Personally I’d vote for ilevel brackets in random BGs which would be the most fair across all content gear paths.

With me being in a place where I can’t watch the video, can someone explain what happened?

Scroll up like 3 posts

I just watched the video. I’m glad that there will be a PvP vendor for random BGs.

Then don’t give a crap about rated play. I don’t give a crap about it.

And comparing 1400 to mythic
 yikes. 1400 is basically a heroic dungeon. If you compared mythic to 2400+, then sure.

Neat,may dabble in BGs this time around again. [I like both PVP and PVE just need to get the collective bee in my bonnet to dabble.in the former]

“How dare Raiders be able to face roll casual PVPers!”

“Yeah it’s a surprise wh-“

“RATED PVPERS SHOULD ALSO BE ABLE TO FACE ROLL THEM!”

“
”

1 Like

Something people here don’t seem to realize, Rated PVP is not popular.

If it was, and it was fun and easy to get and maintain a group in order to do it we wouldn’t even be having these arguments.

But it isn’t.

1 Like