Shadowlands PvP Ability Scaling list

First of all, yes it is absolutely a factor, that’s what the word “factor” means. That was only one example anyway, I and everyone else are well aware that Blizzard’s incompetence at tuning (MAINLY class design) is another major factor as to why pvp is a hilarious joke. Why anyone continues to support them with these awful design philosophies is beyond me.

Blizzard hates exposing backend math and stuff.

Just look at the pencil doodlings.

“just put on your best gear bro”

They refused to give different scalings for abilities between pve and pvp for YEARS because it would come to this always talking about how they’d hate to have to make 2 different tooltips.

1 Like

I think they spread themselves too thin with overwatch, heroes of the Storm, and hearthstone. Those games due bring some revenue but it’s dropping. Also, I’m pretty sure the funds to make those games came from wow. It’s the best explanation I can give for how badly the developers have dropped the quality in the game.

The issue is Cdew quit tweeting about retail, so we stopped seeing changes.

This is not an excuse, nor should it ever be true. Riot Games for example, while they do make questionable changes, decisions, and release questionable champions from time to time, have had no issues consistently and frequently releasing patches. This year alone, they pumped out 23 patches, and while the absolute vast majority of these patches are mostly tuning based, there were plenty of actual meaningful additions/changes made to the game.

All while working on ~7 other games/projects over the past few years behind the scenes. League of Legends is also an entirely free to play game with no concept of pay to win.

It’s not that it’s easy or hard blizzard literally isn’t doing any balancing anymore. They’re being lazy and super unprofessional…

3 Likes

Correct
10chars

1 Like

I’m definetly interested to see what kind of PvP systems they’re planning to use for Shadowlands. I think BFA PvP was probably the least enjoyable/rewarding I’ve seen so far in WoW, but a lot of that is just because of the core game play of BFA.

I’m just hoping we get a lot more clarity on how things work if they decide to do a bunch of behind the scenes ability scaling for PvP so everyone can quickly and easily tell how different pieces of gear, different talents, different builds are going to effect their performance in PvP.

The only guy we know of that works on PvP is currently playing classic and only talks about new maps, bg reskins, brawls, and epic BG’s. We get about 1 twitter post about something else PvP-related per expansion.

I’m looking forward to holnka’s take on class design but there’s nothing to give hope for PvP changes.

1 Like

Bing bang!

Bfa could of been fine if blizzard devs didn’t wake up one and say and say f their jobs they aren’t doing it anymore.

1 Like

Maybe I think BFA is somewhat of a sunk ship at this point. Personally I’d rather have them working more on Shadowlands than BFA.

1 Like

I just dont kniw why they just didnt add a new sentence of the abilities with different scaling with “this abilities have x% reduced damage/healing/reduction/increase while in pvp

Would’ve saved them so much confusion

1 Like

That’s exactly what we all said with bfa “I’d rather them work on bfa than legion” the truth is they aren’t doing anything anymore and blizzard is pretty much dead in the water. They have no drive or love for the game anymore and it’s just about pushing out the next garbage xpac to make a quick buck. Sad to see but blizzard is a joke of a company now and for a while before now too.

yeah i’m not sure the ‘pvp devs’ listen to anything from the community anymore

to the contrary, they regularly ignore overwhelming feedback

Are busy troll posting on twitter talking about “new map I sleep, pvp balance Nani!”

I was watching old reckful vods the other day… After I build my PC I think I’m just going to look into MoP/Cata private realms. I doubt they will revert the DR system in shadowlands.

I have this insane nostalgia b o n e r for cata. I wanna re-level and re-bind everything. I’ve changed my binds so many times since then anyways it’ll be like playing a new character anyways. And then have it never change after that. I hate that it all changed so many times.

I can’t believe that word is disallowed lol.

1 Like

I think cata was the best era for wow PvP, all the classes were unique and had fleshed out designs, without the ability bloat of MoP. Nothing was all the frazzling to play against and overall fairly balanced.

Wrath some things were still pretty clunky, and MoP was meh to me but i dident play MoP much.

rls with legendary daggers vial of shadow legendary staff and cunning of the cruel wants to know your location.

But yeah I did enjoy cata there was a good variety of comps from double healer to triple dps to more of the standard meta comps we see nowadays.

I think a big factor in wotlk-mop pvp being really enjoyable for me is how clear cut the pvp systems were back then. You knew how long it would take you to get certain pieces and you knew exactly how those pieces were going to effect your character. There wasn’t unknowable systems in the game changing how things operated.

I never actually played arena in wrath or cata but I started playing at a casual level in cata. I have heard that cata is basically just an evolved/tuned version of wotlk for the most part, and then MoP is just cata on steroids with a bunch of ridiculous abilities, like warriors having 3 stuns and 2 interrupts, lots of things casting while moving, locks insta cast fearing, druids had symbiosis, at one point rogues who had subterfuge active would auto-step to their target if they were pressing a stealth ability and were not in melee range or something like that, ect.

From what I’ve read up on the private servers for MoP and Cata are severely underpopulated and they’re like only half english speaking people. Seems like what the majority of people want to do is queue wotlk arena.

Like if it’s a private server they can just change it so no one can use legendaries in arena… Right?