Shadowlands PvP Ability Scaling list

I think a lot of players are at a disadvantage if they don’t continuously read each and every patch notes list that comes out for PvP.

I think everyone would really appreciate it if Blizzard devs put together a list of abilities that have different scaling output in PvP than PvE for Shadowlands.

While the old patch notes are available, having a place to quickly look at that has all the abilities and their alterations in PvP in one place would help keep a lot of players in the loop.

Ideally there would be a way to enable PvP tooltips which changed the tooltip to show its accurate output on other players.

9 Likes

pssshhh… that’s too much work for them. i mean, they haven’t made any pvp changes in almost a year

9 Likes

bros just play a different game

1 Like

Hey I’m just putting out there for something they could maybe work in for next expac :smiley:

they dont work on anything for pvp, not sure why you think that would change now

1 Like

Keep hope alive!

2 Likes

We are getting into our 4th straight year of asking for vendors to come back

To put into perspective, the playerbase has been asking for over 1000 days for Activision-Blizzard Entertainment to implement approximately 2-4 non-player characters that simply sell pieces of gear for an earned currency each week.

That is over 150 weeks of gear that could have been purchased by our own whim, gear that we specifically chose to obtain, to build our characters the way we want.

9 Likes

Yeah I know fam, I’d really like to see a heavier focus on player controlled itemization come back via vendors as well. :frowning: but if they’re unwilling to go back to that I’d like them to make their current system as clear as possible. So when you do finally get to make a choice any player can at a glance understand how it impacts their play.

And you are waiting up to 4+ years for a company whose net worth transcends multiple billions of dollars to implement 4 low resolution characters coded to give you things you exchange currency for.

1 Like

Not to mention they didn’t pay income tax :smiley:

2 Likes

Not having vendors isnt even a factor into why pvp is suffering. Its the lack of regular tuning and clear pvp inbalances.

2 Likes

small indie company, don’t act like they have tons of money to work on wow

owait

3 Likes

I would really appreciate more face value clarity with PvP and more frequent tuning in the coming expansion.
I guess you’d have to figure out what statistics you’d want to look at like like talent choice %, comp representation, stat builds. Then decide whats acceptable and so on.

But again you’d actually have to be interested in frequent tuning to do that.

Pvp balancing isnt easy, there will always be some overpowered comps/classes, but the glaring and obvious inbalances that have been around for months are a little discouraging.

Adding the dodge mechanic to blade dance as a dh is an example. It makes no sense to insert that into their toolkit. That ability makes much more sense for an outlaw rogue to have for example.

1 Like

Yeah I think there’s a lot of different approaches to PvP balancing.
I much prefer a hands off approach make things fun to play and if they’re strong, they’re strong. As opposed to overbalancing the game trying to make everything even but ultimately missing factors that result in less than desirable game play loops for a large number of players.

My problem with bfa is that with the insertion of azerite abilities, you would think that it would lend itself to class variety and viability but because of a lack of tuning, this xpac has been dominated by a small group of comps and classes.

1 Like

Yeah there use to be a much wider variety of builds between players of the same class / spec. Now you see a lot more conformity to the “meta” as opposed to finding builds they personally enjoy. Could just be a result of how internet gaming min max culture is now, but I do know several people including myself who want to play something but diverging from the meta always ends up not being worth the effort when it should be enjoyable.

Hope they do a good job of providing a lot more customization and player agency with builds for Shadowlands.

Lots of classes/specs/builds are good and would be viable if certain comps and specs were not completley overtuned.

True it requires a lot more effort to get comparable outputs to other specs that don’t have to meet many variables to have good damage or healing.