Shadowlands Preview: Skill up with Professions

But no Archaeology though.

I feel like Iā€™ve been betrayed by professions over the years. Itā€™s really hard to maintain the adult, kill 'em with kindness attitude, especially if you really sink time into the game and the fiction around it. Iā€™m kind of fed up with much of the design. Itā€™s almost as if itā€™s not for fun but for product placement and marketing. Itā€™s a fancy marketing box where guilds are powerless and brand ambassadors are internet famous.

I need this expac like a bullet in the cranium.

I feel like at face value engineering got shafted but I havenā€™t researched extensively (two year old distractionā€¦)

If someone doesnā€™t mindā€¦ what are the highlights of engineering for SL?

Orā€¦ is engineering hosed?

Only if you do it in the initial rush.

Eventually once competition rises and ppl start undercutting each other that will change.

They should never drop less than vendor price of the shards.

Professions are still going to be level 1 - 75 in SL correct? I purposely havenā€™t bothered leveling Alchemy on my new main waiting for the expansion. Should I power level it up this weekend before it goes live?

Mythic raid guilds will rush to get crafters for all 3 armor types up to rank 4 legendaries. Tailoring alone will cost almost 4 million gold, 890k of that in vendor mats. Leatherworking and Blacksmithing will be even more costly. Then the bottom will drop out of the market as players who arenā€™t mythic raiders realize how unattainable ranking up their craft is and arenā€™t willing to buy tokens to purchase the base items.

If only all my toons were the same armor typeā€¦

Iā€™m thinking this sounds like spending most of your time farming mats or just buying tokens. Yay.

I have been playing MMOā€™s for 20 years (started with EQ at launch). Played time in just about every gameā€¦ my proudest claim:
I have never even one time crafted anything in my entire career on any game for any itemā€¦ ever. and never will.

All professions have their own rankings in each expansion. Itā€™ll be reset in Shadowlands. Sorry if you leveled Alch just to be ready for SL.

Hey, Blizzard, just wondering if you will ever make Inscription fun and useful again like it was in Wrath? The entire glyph system was really fun, now it is just stupid and superfluous.

2 Likes

Absolutely. All you have to do is play Classic. Professions other than Alchemy havenā€™t been useful in many moons in retail.

1 Like

Iā€™m unhappy with cooking. Itā€™s dull and flavorless like skinning. Thereā€™s no thrill of the hunt, chasing down a giant monster for a rare pelt, nah. Thereā€™s no gardening, no orchards, fishing is going to be lucrative just because itā€™s neglected, again.

Cooking sucks and itā€™s unfun. Itā€™s tacked on to the elementary story. How does a shadow or death riseā€¦ exactly? I canā€™t believe the teams say they put blood, sweat and tears into a product of love. I could believe that from an indie studio the size of a ghost busting firm.