Shadowlands Preview: Skill up with Professions

1. Giving Alchemists two raid consumables to sell isn’t fair to other professions
  2. Are there ever going to be more glyphs? More fun customizations please!
3 Likes

Ugh i gotta get into professions now?..

2 Likes

Too many consumables; alot of people are already too lazy to get gems and enchants, let alone food and flasks. It’s too much individual upkeep for the minor benefit of giving more crafting professions a consistent materials sink.
Some of them need to be permanent and/or mutually exclusive. Raid-wide consumables [drums] are another way to go (change drums so they are not mutually exclusive with lust so that people will actually use them).

On a related note, you need to fix the gathering problems. Multiboxing druids farm absurd amounts of herbs and ore. Any group farms absurd amounts of meat, cloth, or leatherworking mats (given an area with a high spawn rate). The materials gathered by a solo player are just a drop in the ocean, which means they don’t get much money for the work they put in and recipes require too many materials for a casual player to gather.

I didn’t like the BFA 3-star herbing implementation, but I like the general idea of having a separate gathering level for each herb. I think you should just make it so each herb has a rating that starts at 1 (when you learn it from the trainer) and goes to 100 (or whatever number) as you gather it. So say I have gathered a bunch of Sea Stalks and it’s at 50, then I am getting 5-ish Sea Stalks per node. But my Winter’s Kiss skill is at 10 and I’m only getting 1 or 2 Winter’s Kiss per node. You can still lock higher skill levels behind a quest if you want (but please no RNG discovery stuff).

And I still hate the “crafted legendary” idea.

edit: “main stat” flask is mega lame

2 Likes

sorry to say, both options include spending a lot of gold

1 Like

From what I just read professions are not dead for SL.

1 Like

Engineering is required for anyone semi serious about m+

Is forcing the need for professions a sign that the “normal” part of the game is lackluster and needs to be propped up?

At closer examination, if we are dependent upon crafters to make the basic foundation for everybody’s items, time to hit Classic until things die down after 12-18 months lol.

1 Like

Alchemy has nothing at all to do with the legendary crafting, which will be a huge part of this expansion. It seems like alchemy is making oils and flasks only from what I read. Unless you’re being sarcastic?

In december blizz will nerf forging because pvpers will cry out.

With the pvp weekly box changes…will there be PvPers?

1 Like

Except you’re going to make a bunch of gold selling legendary base items you craft.

Wait, can you not see that professions are now gated even more in Shadowlands?

What I see is they will actually be useful as we progress through SL. In BFA it least for leather working unless you raided crafted gear was useless. That’s what I see.

Article is kind of bare bones and barely says anything. :neutral_face:

Useful while leveling or at end game?
Are we able to level slowly and have profession gear while leveling that is useful?

Didn’t sound like lvling gear to me. Maybe reread it yourself. I don’t see how two people can read something totally different from the same article.

Crafting materials are locked behind reaching various levels inside tourgross

Looks like it lol! i stopped doing crafting years ago sigh!

Well dang, guess if it makes the game better I’ll put my hate aside for them and give them a shot, does anyone know where I can find the best need to know stuff for professions for Shadowlands?

I will never have the best stuff, nor even close to it. That requires instancing, almost every time. Want to bet the bits and bobs that go with the very best gear are bind on pickup? Not a problem really. I just hope my main and alts con have some interesting and relevant pieces.