Shadowlands Preview: Maldraxxus and the Necrolord Covenant

Best boy reporting for duty!

5 Likes

Cool looking zone!

1 Like

That’s an interesting statement to make. I always just assumed this was the “FIGHT FIGHT. BRAHHHHHH BRUTE FORCE” group. Knowing that they seem to value mental might along with physical got me a little more curious now. Since this was the faction that was in last place for me.

Also DANGIT why do all the other factions seriously get better cloth armor than the Venthyr? lol

But is there a House of Pancakes? Important question.

Also I wanna say something about the Plate set for Maldraxxus.

You should work on the leg/foot armor for races with digitigrade legs.

Cover them shins, boi.

2 Likes

But have you considered the benefit of having a free arm to high-five and fist bump your pals while you chop down your enemies? :thinking:

3 Likes

I see at least three allied race candidates for people to beg for.

Yes, that includes the slime.

4 Likes

Their plate set and mount are so good that it’s really beginning to make my decision for a Covenant hard. I really love the Kyrian and I hope for them to be playable in Shadowlands, but I don’t really like their plate set or mount.

The Night Fae stuff is also fantastic, and I love their cosmetics… But then the Necrolords pull out this:

They pull out a death bull. They better make it fly so I can make a Redbull joke.

4 Likes

I would LOVE to see Maldraxxus folks in a debate. If might makes right then I’d imagine they would treasure being able to actually beat an opponent with just their words.

…AND THEN beating the snot out of them

It makes sense if you look at the Scourge. Sure, the Lich King was physically dangerous but it was magical power that made the Scourge into what it is. It wasn’t his skill in combat that raised Sindragosa or spread the plague; it was necromantic magics. Most of his champions use magic to some degree too.

If you look at ICC, the only bosses that don’t use magic at somewhat are in the Plague Wing (and they use the plague).

1 Like

So far the factions from best to eh for me are

Venthyr ( Look when you’re like me and have the same birthday as edgar allen poe one tends to be all about dat aesthetic )
Ardenweald: I may not be super hype about nature but holy crap that zone is beautiful. Very Lucid Dream. I miss having those. It’s been awhile since my last one.
Bastion: Goodie two shoes zzzzz ( altho parts of the zone are pretty. kudos art team )
Maldraxxus: I might enjoy their story but ehh I feel neutral about them. I don’t hate them but i don’t go “dude that’s rad” either

I sure hope Blizzard doesn’t make one of these factions abilities super OP compared to the rest of them so I can actually choose to play these cool looking ones instead of being forced into picking one I don’t want just to be able to compete in endgame content.

For me here’s my order of favorite to least favorite:

Kyrian - My favorite. I love the Larions, I love the zone, and I love the lore. I’m also a sucker for Greek/Nordic aesthetics, and so a combo of the two are going to make me want to join them. It’s literally just Eye Candy: The Zone.

Also, again, I think I’ve said this thousands of times now, but I just really want to play a Kyrian. But that’s the problem, a lot of my decision is riding on that expectation. I don’t know if or when they’d even become playable. Because if it’s after Shadowlands… then what’s the point? Why commit myself to a Kyrian on my main for an entire expansion with rewards I deem lackluster compared to the others.

Night Fae - I love the zone, love the set and mount, but then… I don’t really like the Sanctum or characters. I’ve never cared much for Ysera, and Bwonsamdi appears to only have a minor role in the zone.

Necrolords - So, I love the armor set, mount, and Krexus. What I don’t like? Pretty much everything else. I’ve always hated Eastern Plaguelands, and Maldraxxus is really just that but on steroids with a blue/green filter put over. I know that’s a really biased way of looking at it, but I still am just not that big of a fan.

Venthyr - I don’t like vampires. No thanks. Zone is cool, but everything else is uninteresting. Though I still think it’s fantastic.

1 Like

Meanwhile there’s me

Blizzard: And the venthyr are vamp-
Me:

1 Like

And then…

Blizzard:

Me:

1 Like

Lol fair those little guys are adorable

MIGHT IS RIGHT!!! :skull_and_crossbones:

4 Likes
2 Likes

my biggest issue is that the leather one feels like the odd one out.

1 Like

I see Sylvanas becoming the new Primus…afterall, many on GD like to say she plays 3, 4 or even 8 D chess. :wink: (

She doesn’t get killed off and she’s outta Azeroth’s hair too.)

2 Likes

The sets are themed after the houses.

Plate - Gladiators

Leather - Abominations

Mail - Aranakk or Gladiators?

Cloth - Liches

But… Maldraxxus wants her dead.

1 Like