Shadowlands: Physical CE contents vs. Digital Epic Edition Contents & Financial workings

I want to purchase the EPIC EDITION, however I have been purchasing the PHYSICAL COLLECTORS EDITION since WotLK. – When BfA came out, Blizzard released a deal in which if you purchased any digital version and then a physical version, as long as you redeemed the code of the physical version before a certain date, the consumer was compensated for the difference via the online Blizzard account.

Is something similar going to be done for this expansion too? – I am delaying purchasing anything for Shadowlands until I hear an official release statement from Blizzard regarding this possible deal happening again as well as the contents of the PHYSICAL Collectors Edition vs the Digital versions.

That is indeed what is happening. A blue post was made in the general forums about it.

5 Likes

I honestly did not expect to see this information released yet…or at least in General Forum. Thank you sir. I a most grateful and you have been of great assistance.

5 Likes

Depending on where you are located, I just got contacted by my local games store to say they were cancelling my Shadowlands CE pre-order as they won’t be available in Australia.
I will look to see if I can order one through the Blizzard store to ship to Australia, but it may not be an option.

1 Like

You’d probably have better luck with another online retailer. Blizzard has never sold the physical collector’s editions directly.

1 Like

I’m fairly certain I saw the BFA CE sold on the Gear Store before it got taken over by their current … yeah. I have nothing nice to say about who runs the store currently.

1 Like

Just to try and help clear things up a little, they actually did sell BFA physical collectors edition in the gear store. I found an old post where I even had a link to it:

The link doesn’t go there anymore, but they did offer it at one point :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks… Sorry looks like I was the one mistaken. I have deleted the post as not to confuse things.

2 Likes