Shadowlands' NPCs no dialogue

Blizzard, we need an update on this issue!!!

5 Likes

Let’s hope this Tuesday they fix it. I know over been saying for about a month now, but if all of us have put in tickets then maybe they might address it sooner than later. Blizzard will have to address it soon hopefully!

1 Like

Did the ticket thing. Received a lame auto response telling me to repair or reinstall, as if hundreds didn’t try before and failed, and now have to wait 8 days or more to speak to someone. Blizzard’s consumer service quality really took a massive dive in the last 10 years. Sad… hope the higher ups are not wondering why FFXIV has gained so much traction during that time

7 Likes

After fiddling with some settings, it seems toggling dialogue on and off, while keeping “Error Speech” off seems to fix it. Not sure if it’ll work for others, but it just did for me at least.

3 Likes

Awesome! Great for you! Can anyone else confirm!?

2 Likes

I tried it out in the intro scenario for Legion, and worked out well. To be fair, I was only able to play for about 30 mins so I still don’t know if it really will work on an extended session. Will try more later tonight.

3 Likes

Tried it with the BFA intro quest The Old Knight and no luck. Could you maybe post a screenshot of your audio settings? Maybe you got another setting that is different that could explain

3 Likes

This is a very weird bug. I tried several things in Cyrus monologue and the exposition with jaina e Thrall in the cave in the Maw. What I found: keeping “error speak” off and disable/enable Dialogue not work always. Sometimes work, but if the conversation is a long one only the first and last lines of the speech is delivered in most cases. If you take some distance the Npc that have the bug deliver everything, but sometimes the Npc that don’t have the bug don’t deliver their lines ( Genn/Thrall ). Ex: speak with Cyrus and take some distance and he will deliver their lines but no Genn, if you close the distance Genn deliver but not Cyrus. Is very weird because some Npcs will deliver or not based in your proximity.

3 Likes

Sorry I know this is a week old but this is happening EVEN in shadowlands. Half the dialogue is broken and NPCs just seemingly stare at each other constantly.

It’s inexcusable, but it’s not only affecting legacy content.

6 Likes

Actually this is months old and still happening and ur absolutely right. It should have been fixed by now

6 Likes

It’s also been 17 days that blizzard addressed the issue on this thread. Let’s hope for another post at least soon.

5 Likes

The dialogue bug is also nearly a month old now, too. It was introduced with the release of Patch 9.2.7.

6 Likes

This indeed works and i’ve been able to use this trick left and right. I’d say it works 1 out of 3 times. Still not reliable enough for a solution but it helps

3 Likes

Another day of hotfixes fixing everything but this…

5 Likes

Any updates on this Blizzard???

7 Likes

Howdy Everyone,

Just wanted to drop in and let ya’ll know we are still working on this issue. We currently have no requests for more information or any information to update ya’ll with at this time.

If you see any changes please let us know.

8 Likes

Thanks for the update. Hope you guys can fix it soon!

2 Likes

Thx for the update, but no offense, this is still unacceptable. This bug has been around since the middle of summer, and is NOT present on the PTR in any form which means you fixed it there. How can this be that we are still affected by this after so long? Reports are pilling up between this post and this one Dialogues missing in Shadowlands and BFA (text and spoken) - #147 by Mansynn-alterac-mountains
Yet still no fix…

6 Likes

Really hope Blizzard puts this bug higher on their priority of fix. It is immersion breaking and I personally won’t be leveling or questing until it gets fixed. Theres quite a few missing dialogues on BfA, Shadowlands and I heard reports of it happening in older expansions too.

6 Likes

Yup. Just yesterday, I was questing through Outland, and although there is no voice acting, there are a few quest chains that end in a small cutscene playing out. Most of these scenes were presenting the same issues. Seems like it affects the whole game it’s just harder to notice on older expansions cause there is a lot less cutscenes.

4 Likes