Shadowlands Hunter class changes

very well it seems u are attached to when survival became popular due to it becoming…more ranged.

this forum post tends to point out that in vanilla wow survival wanted to be somewhat melee. it looks like blizzards original idea was to make it a hybrid FROM THE START. then they went back on it and went full ranged and then reverted back.

People wanted necromancers instead of DKs but got DKs. and your arguement that if i wanted melee i should go to a melee class completely disregards the fact that Vanilla Hunter had a melee side to it.

Just because u liked one iteration of a spec doesnt mean its what blizz intended. you still have TWO ranged specs in a primarily ranged spec. the lore fantasy behind hunters is not one of just ranged. its a hunter using a pet or not using skill traps and weapons to hunt. people have hunted with melee weapons as well.

and im not even saying it should be 100% melee, i like the hybrid nature and wish it had more of a switch like that one forum post about going melee and then disenganing into mid ranged and coming back to finishing it off. seems exciting and new. better then just “keep dots up, at ranged” vs “manage cooldowns” and vs “manage cooldowns but with big pets”

1 Like