"Shadowlands has secured more pre-sales than any other World of Warcraft expansion in history"

• Why then, is there only one person in charge of class design?
  • Why have no significant changes been made in 6 weeks?

Is it because Activision’s business stance on World of Warcraft is to run it on a skeleton crew?

• Why is the fire mage 1-shot exploit still in the game after being discovered a week ago?
  • Why, after ruining the arena tournament, are all paladin specializations allowed to equip and benefit from a legendary item that is labeled in big red text “Protection Only”?

These are horrific game breaking bugs that should have been hotfixed, or addressed on Tuesday.

• Why are Rogues the only class so far to see a nerf?
  • Why are Hunters being ignored on their pets being insta-deleted from Arena matches?

Is there not enough staff on hand associated with class design and balance?

• Why are retribution paladins outhealing healers in arena?
  • Why are protection paladins outhealing healers in arena?

Is this not an important subject?

• Why are warriors allowed to stop every go on a 30 second cooldown?

• Why are warriors able to top damage meters in defensive stance with -20% damage done?

• Why is full moon still part of the convoke rotation in PvP?

• Why is mistweaver still a useless, abandoned specialization for 2 months?

• Why does a toy that provides stealth detection still work in Rated Battlegrounds after the bug has been known for weeks?

Please feel free to add anything I’ve missed.

5 Likes

Because there isn’t. There’s definitely not one guy sat in a room doing all this.

Because “significant” changes happen in patches.

3 Likes

First time hearing this, what else can you tell me about this team? Is there a way to verify this information?

From what I have been able to gather, there was previously two people in charge of class design. One of these people left, and there is one remaining.

2 Likes

There actually isn’t. Some former class designer - Chris Kaleiki - did a virtual tell all and he reported it was just him and one other guy and that this was a common misconception of modern WoW that “entire teams” did class balance.

8 Likes

I highly doubt its one person but it’s also wrong to state they have “teams”. They mostly likely have a small team of maybe like 3 people for balancing lmao.

Maybe the reason it got that many presales was due to the pandemic? It’s the reason why Animal Crossing: New Horizons sold like hotcakes.

3 Likes

I was thinking like 10-15 people on all classes when I said teams. My bad.

It’s definitely not just one guy designing every class. If I remember correctly Chris was responsible for the Shadow Priest rework right?

1 Like

It was him and Kevin Jordan. Kevin Jordan did it alone for a long time, if I’m remembering the interviews correctly, before he invited Chris to work with him.

1 Like

Oh ok. So only one guy is in charge of class design for future content and balancing for both PvE and PvP in current content.

I don’t think we know how many people are actually working on class design anymore but I wouldn’t doubt the odds of it all still being done by 1-2 people.

They already said no major changes the middle of a patch.

No legendary is marked is for one spec only. I used my Resto legendary in Balance spec for a while.

It’s not a rotation. It’s completely random.

I can’t even imagine if it was a team of 10-15, they’d never get anything done.

Small, focused teams are the best. 3-4 people. From the show and tell when Chris left however, you can tell Blizzard are stretching the WoW ressources thin.

It’s a complete disgrace.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=319253/ion-hazzikostas-on-classes-class-balance-the-meta-and-the-best-class-utility

You’re wrong. If you have a paladin open up the adventure guide and look at the legendary memory for GoAK. Requires: Protection

Here’s an example: static.icy-veins/com/images/wow/shadowlands/runecarving/powers-tab.jpg

Stop mincing words, by “the convoke rotation” i mean the pool of random spells it selects from. Random spells still come from a pool, Full Moon does not need to be in that pool.

I mean lets be honest here, these bots have to keep rebuying the game once their accounts are banned. That’s why Blizzard will never end botting on WoW.

I think a lot of this was they had a huge bump from classic refugees trying out retail.

I know we got a ton of them in our guild but the retention has been pretty low and started to fall like a rock a couple weeks ago.

The text says which spec it’s meant for, but none of them turn red and are unusable by a different spec.

I’m not… geebus, calm down. By your wording I misunderstood.

Clearly you have no interest in anything except people agreeing with you. I’m out.

1 Like

The text is literally red when you look at in the wrong spec. Please stop making stuff up.

For monk legendaries, we are able to benefit from any legendary that we have the skill to use.

I.e. brewmasters can equip and benefit from keefer’s because we gave tiger palm, but windwalkers cannot benefit from chen’s because they don’t have keg smash as a skill