Shadowlands Developer Update

:+1: Make it happen devs! And bring back the AV anniversary event!

Might as well go back to the drawing board with Nightborne. They’re a fail.

in the ptr i have copied my (for example) venthyr character that has completed both the covenant campaign and the korthia campaign and also copied my other venthyr that has not done the covenant campaign and i am not seeing an option to skip the covenant campaign to test it out so why do i not see the option whats the deal with that ???

This happens every expansion. Its always around the x.2/x.3 mark they “listen” to the community feedback about the mechanics that need changed. Even though they have more than 10 years of history about similar things not working.

I don’t mind the time gating, thats a given. I just hate this “Oh, we know everyone hates this system but we are going to leve it in place for a few years because we can’t think of a replacement”

1 Like

9.1.5 same errors butt!!! New pointy ears for a subclass, reused armor from past expansion… Who comes with the ideas to try to save wow from the exodus??? Really??

Fix the the stuff we gave you in the feedback!!

Stop saying you listen, and heard the positive feedback you got from the community!!! Community is so enraged that is leaving you wow!!! And you can’t at this time accept it??? Just do exactly what’s on the feedback!!! ( And they act shock and surprised as “how could this be happening? With are blizz the best games”…)

de-attach the class specific abilities from the covenants themselves.

Make it a level 50+ talent row, that way the player can choose the Covenant they like aesthetically yet use the ability that maybe best at the time or the one they want.

Merge the conduit system to be synchronized between all four covenants, then it’s just the matter of changing the soulbinds to still being useful while also not completely barring the player from absolutely needing to be in said covenant due to said Soulbind. Aka restricting them.

Whether that means changing their passives all together or a sweeping nerf for majority of them, is hard to say.

2 Likes

Their problem is that they want the game to be played in a specific way and if we dont well they just cant have that so they try to force us to play it their way. Which causes people to quit wow because they were so prideful. They are stupid to think that they people will be ok with being forced to play with systems that are garbage.

3 Likes

I traditionally love playing several alts througout any given patch. This patch is different. The suffocating gated systems and rng vaults mires progression. We can’t freely swap between covenants due to penalties.

We can’t readily make legendaries, to swap out for different encounters, because of the gated currencies involved. The rank 6 system is the absolute worst. I play shadow priest. I’ve played every legendary flavor of the month bis legendary (echoing call of the void, talbadar’s stratagem, shadowflame prism, pallid command) and crafted them to rank 4 or 6. It’s exhausting. I give up. If the meta changes again, groups will just have to accept sub-standard throughput.

This confining misery is deliberate, to make our game choices seem more meaningful. Personally, I don’t get as much meaning, unless I can viably gear up 3-4 toons to fill the roles needed for my guild’s keys and raids. This a hollow patch for me.

I understand that. But what happen with all the real feedback???
Alpha beta all players in release??? Is a slap on our face. What do they care if we are paying monthly.

Fixes were/are not hard super easy!!! No covenant restrictions. Make stuff account bound and not character since people love play alts. Remove pvp gear rate requirement or put the brackets very close and remove one shot kills.

tata!!! Those are the main issues and concerns!!! Tourgass was not an issue since you get you legendaries you don’t ever need to go there. But making people reforge for the socket another slap!

Those were not big or difícult changes very very simple!!! Well who cares now we direct out feedback to Ff14 were they do listen and take action. Diferent game but at least is fun THe most important rule of a game,! Be fun! And we don’t get slaps every time we log in or read blue posts

Exodus is happening because blizz mental attitude … New world Ff14, GW2 even bless got momentum

This is how they wanted the game to be played. They want the game played how they envisioned it and to hell with anyone else. They spent so many thousands of hours on systems that are broken and just bad ideas but in their pride they couldn’t accept it. It is a case of we made the game to be played this way and that is how it will be played.

The feedback went against how they wanted the game to be played. Again it was pride and a lot of stupidity from the game director and the dev team. They envisioned the game would be played a specific way and did not like the feedback so they double downed on their garbage system enforcement.

If they had spent half as much time on content then trying to fix their stupid systems we would have a better game more content and they probably would be losing subs to their stupidity but then again they half-a***ed way they did the unpruning was also bad.

In example= Enahancement Shaman they restored part of our older kit but left out key things. The Storm Strike debuff, returning of totems, Earth shock, Shamanistic Rage. These things if had been included would have made Enhancement a lot better to play.

This is a major part of the issue with blizzard. And imo its the game directors fault either due to poor leadership or direction out side of raid content, or just to much pride in what they thought was good systems, the game is a shambled mess.

3 Likes

Very noice Blizz, +1

that’s it?

appearances and alts with a side of conduit energy nobody cares for ?

i hope there’s more to it lol

“It also has updates to improve the game environment for our community, including additional changes to some content to better reflect our shared values, better visibility into the impact of your in-game reports of harassment, and more serious penalties for people engaged in disruptive behavior.”
hmm same shared values as the place that gave blizzard billion $ end of last year?

wonder why thats not being covered and ppl forgot alex reason as to his behaviour which he stated it was normal in his culture of his ppl, oh well ignorance is bliss i guess

just stop with this and focus on actual game makes new zones new stuff everything you do is just demeaning women like a country thats having quite alot of coverage over a huge deal this year…
focus on the game next xpacs races places ect stop attempting to be political censoring like a country who has no respect for women is only setting yourself up
FOCUS ON CREATING NEW STUFF because what you are doing is not helping ppl being abused in your company ur just blame tossing as if stuff in the game caused what hapepned irl to your workers, stop dragging this on and just FOCUS ON THE GAME and whats next, hire pr to deal with irl stuff dont use the game for anything irl
keep going at this and it will look really bad if you end up making a ethereal xpac or egypt or anything based off certain place which will now be look at as more connotation so just stop Azeroth and wow is azeroth and wow its not earth its not earth problems its a a fantasy world where people can escape irl things so stop shoving irl problems in everyones faces by projecting into the game, you want points so bad just do a freakin charity event to abused women or something some that actually matters that actually helps ppl to make up for the lives ruined or lost irl by your actions.

1 Like

So uh… Which Data Center/server are you on? Which World?

Cough Crystal/Goblin & Aether/Siren; Borliss Pass & Dragonbrand cough

Asking for uhm… a friend. Yep, asking for a friend. :smiley:

What races are getting heritage armor sets? Or did you forget that every X.X.5 patch some races will get them

5 Likes

So now we know it’s renown 80 why am I not surprised? You guys are beyond ridiculous.

1 Like

maybe they should have taken more of the ideas from the women developers …instead of making them submit them through their male co-workers.

Wonder how many great ideas got tromped on or never submitted because the lady developer who thought it up feared/knew it would be, and just didn't risk it.

I think systems in the past worked well and it confuses me when they keep changing the system patch after patch.

Shadownlands defently should have stayed longer in beta and maybe the game would be WOW

1 Like

You can buff the Korthia catalogue/rep gains by 50% as well, its disgustingly slow.

1 Like

Maw skip will be coming with 9.1.5, you should read the full update patch notes, I believe someone posted them earlier on this thread.