Shadowlands delayed until 2021?

I recently heard that Shadowlands has been delayed due to corona virus and civil unrest.

Can anyone verify if that’s true?

2 Likes

Why?

Did they target their studio or servers?

4 Likes

As far as I can tell Shadowlands is still scheduled for this year.

There was a Shadowlands-related announcement scheduled for the 9th that was recently delayed, however. That might be it.

4 Likes

Technically the release date can’t be delayed as we never had one but I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t get it until 2021.

Rumors are baseless.

9 Likes

Did you actually hear that or are you just looking to spread rumors yourself?
Because it’s completely false and the only time I hear it is from nonsense threads like this.

14 Likes

That would be nice, I’d prefer them and their families to be safe in this time of crisis. If anyone can work from home though, it’s probably the WoW team, so I’d be kind of surprised if they delayed SL to 2021. Either way, polished content > rushed content, so I’m good with waiting if that’s what they need. Plus, I love this raid, so I’m not in any particular hurry to go to SL.

8 Likes

More Paragon gold for me!

7 Likes

They’ve said multiple times the release time hasn’t changed.

3 Likes

If you look at the pre-order it does say you will recieve Shadowlands on or before the 31st of december this year, so it’s basically confirmed for this year by that

4 Likes

So did WC3 Reforge also stated by Dec 31st, but then they extended it by another month into January.

3 Likes

No it’s not. Warcraft 3 Reforged literally said the same thing yet it was released a month after it was said to be released by AND that was without any pandemic.

They shouldn’t rush the game.

Blizzard should go back to “It will release when it is done” philosophy

12 Likes

They are developing Shadowlands from the safety of their homes. As you can see by watching the videos of Ardenweald and it’s Dungeon the Ardenweald Cast is voiced.

The biggest problem the Pandemic causes is Voice Work and Machinery Repair and the Voice Actors for Ardenweald and Oribos are doing just fine.

Machinery Damage would affect WoW as a whole so things are going well on that front as far as we know.

I mean at least they’re not pulling a naughty dog and putting their employees thru massive amounts of brutal crunch time

ahh yea, i read about it. Felt bad for the developers working there.

Well either they had those voice lines recorded a long time in advance or their VAs are possibly doing stuff over the phone for now.

I mean that’s how I would do it. And once the world goes back to “normal” then they can redo the voicework to up the quality a tad.

They postponed the live event that was suppose to take place on June 9th, but that was it, nothing about the actual expansion being delayed.

Heck that big leak for the last of us 2 is very likely an employee getting some payback to Naughty Dog and I reaaaaaaally do not blame them

2 Likes

Except IGN, most other reviewers are panning the last of us 2 as a boring game with a bad story.