Shadowlands Collectors Version

I want to pre-purchase Shadowlands so I can get the benefits that are coming to pre-purchasers of the new expansion in the coming patch, but I am also holding out for a physical collectors version. Any news on when that will be available?

All that can be said is keep a eye out on the main page all information will be posted there wowhead and mmo-champs will post it there 2.

If it’s anything like previous collectors’ editions, they’ll start rolling in closer to the time of the expansion release, whenever that is. Though they did put out that if you replace your current edition with the Collector’s edition, you’ll get a Balance refund for the equivalence of your original purchase:

6 Likes

This is perfect, thank you!

4 Likes

Glad that helps! Go forth and conquer. :+1:

4 Likes

No.

However, you can do the digital whatever version.
Then the cost of the retail box, is refunded to you as Blizzard account Balance (with your active sub, even though you still get the box/collector’s.) Or I guess the cost of the digital is refunded as Blizzard balance.

They announce it when they announce it, but you may as well get the digital now.

You can also give away the code inside the box to a friend, if you want?

I know this has been answered, but in case people return to this topic, I wanted to emphasize that it’s based on your original purchase. So if you start with the digital Base Edition, then upgrade digitally to Heroic or Epic Edition later, and even later purchase the Collector’s Edition, your Battle.net Balance will only be based on that retail Base Edition.

5 Likes

Thanks for the emphasis on that! I went ahead and updated my first post to reflect that.

5 Likes