Shadowlands: Castle Nathria and Season 1 Goes Live December 8

To be fair we’re all still couped up inside. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Im not going to entertain someone telling me what I should or should not do with something I pay for or my time. If I want this to be my hobby instead of a sport or something else that would require scheduling, it is no less valid.

2 Likes

You don’t understand what raiding is if this is your response. Unless you plan on convincing the entire raiding population to not progress for a week or so, this is an issue as long as the raid isn’t a complete pushover. No real point arguing otherwise, especially if you aren’t a raider.
The question is why Blizzard has changed their mentality within a year.

15 Likes

It’s not like I disagree. I think releasing the raid after Christmas would be fine. Not sure how many others would be for it, this draught is killing off the player base.

Legitimately the first thing we have agreed on in its entirety.

Have you ever been in a remotely decent Mythic Progression guild? Mythic Raids are riddled with bugs for the first few weeks, this happening the week before Christmas means that the bugs are going to remain unfixed for WEEKS. Players are also going to have to choose between losing a spot in the raid guild or missing out on family time during the holiday. Please don’t be ignorant and don’t troll. This is a legitimate issue that will plague the community, players are going to lose raid spots, guilds are going to fall apart. This happened with Dragon Soul and Dragon Soul had progression happening in early December before the actual holiday season started, it was so bad that the US lost the best US raiding guild at the time. This is a problem, don’t try to downplay it just because you don’t play at a decent level.

7 Likes

Speak for yourself. Some of us aren’t able to work from home and are actually working even more over the next few weeks due to the holidays. As I mentioned in another thread, maximizing player engagement should be a priority over appeasing shareholders.

Besides, the more people that are actively playing your game, the happier shareholders will be in the long term even if they have short term concerns.

There is nothing to down play, it’s a game. If that’s the stuff going down on mythic guilds then I’m glad I don’t do ‘decent’ content as you put it.

Sky isn’t falling.

10 Likes

This, but unironically.

3 Likes

What is a raid? A miserable little pile of trinkets.

1 Like

We have 4 raid nights before Xmas break. So much fun.

1 Like

They didn’t change their mentality. They said they “try to” and clearly they did not feel that pushing season 1 back a month was workable. I am sure none of them want to be dealing with this during the holiday season either.

8 Likes

Yea, the xpac release date is fine as long as it’s ready. But why do you do this with raids at the beginning of an xpac? I see no reason you can’t wait a month. It just makes now sense to me. Not to mention the timing of this one isn’t good either.

1 Like

You’re actually a troll, got it.

‘‘They don’t see it my way then they must be trolling’’.

Got it. :wink:

11 Likes

Lol this is a game. Maybe if you treated as such then you by would see the date is great.

4 Likes

That’s why they’re releasing it in November. They’ve thought of this.

I’m sorry it isn’t working for you man.

1 Like

No you’re over here trying to downplay a legitimate issue just because it doesn’t effect you. News flash, it effects hundreds of thousands of players.

1 Like

I heard from an inside source at Blizzard that you can actually do the raid every single week after it gets released.

So no worries! You might not be able to do the first week but I think you’ll be alright for the next couple of months until the next raid comes out.

8 Likes

For some reason people think because its a video game were supposed to not care about it despite no one complaining about sports, music, or anything else that people schedule and put time into that arent for survival. This is such a stupid “point” to try to make over and over when people voice an opinion about something their passionate about.

2 Likes