Shadowlands: Castle Nathria and Season 1 Goes Live December 8

Shadowlands: Castle Nathria and Season 1 Goes Live December 8

In just a few weeks after the release of Shadowlands, Season 1 will begin and the gates of Castle Nathria will open as the expansion’s first raid experience.

View Full Article

13 Likes

Thanks so much for ruining Mythic Raiders holiday plans. Absolute joke of a company releasing Mythic the week before Christmas…

21 Likes

What happened to not releasing raids in the middle of the holiday season?

20 Likes

Just don’t play wow for 1-3 days. Not much of a life ruiner

34 Likes

This aged well:

35 Likes

Edit; revised, had to do with mythic. my bad.

1 Like

Shadowlands drops the week of thanksgiving and raids right before Christmas haha

4 Likes

During the holiday season, we want to be considerate of all our players with the release timing of new content. Many guilds are still progressing through The Eternal Palace, and we want to give them enough time to finish the raid and earn their Cutting Edge: Queen Azshara and Ahead of the Curve achievements before opening the new raid. We try to avoid releasing new content tiers during the holiday season so that players are not encouraged to choose between progression and spending time with their families and friends. This also helps ensure us that we’re fully staffed to support any required hotfixes or turning issues that may emerge.

Awesome job guys

2 Likes

Hope you’ll reconsider! Any time after christmas is fine, and honestly a month without raids is fine by me.

26 Likes

They also wrote that ’ WE TRY '.

They tried, and wasn’t in the cards.

4 Likes

I love how people treat wow as a job “OMG I’ll fall behind with my gearing path if I miss 2 weeks of raiding and this is a complete disaster”.

???
Chill, raids will still be available for months after the holidays…

38 Likes

Mythic opens up December 15th, that’s the week before Christmas. Are you not capable of reading a calendar?

2 Likes

Easy to say for someone who has zero mythic progression experience.

3 Likes

Oh boy! Can’t wait to for my guildies to be forced to choose between university finals, spending time with their families for the holidays, and raiding Castle :slight_smile:

Don’t think you guys could have chosen worse release dates if you tried.

9 Likes

Oh, I missed that part… was focused on title thread.
Still no biggie, not sure why you people are so bent outta shape.

6 Likes

Its not about “relaxing” or them not being there in a month. Its about we have already had schedules and plans changed on us on short notice, and now we are being put in a spot again to have to choose between playing what we waited for and spending time with family. They cared about it last year and suddenly now they dont.

3 Likes

Delaying season one by three weeks so that a new content tier doesn’t happen during the holidays honestly wouldn’t have been that difficult. It’s more likely a switch that gets flipped with weekly maintenance than hard coded into the game from the expansion release.

2 Likes

It’s a freaking game! You shouldn’t need to organize your whole life around it LOL

28 Likes

What the heck Blizzard?! You are releasing LFR a week before xmas?!

8 Likes

Oh my god you addicts are unbelievable. Normally I don’t like to defend nu-Blizz but if you are seriously considering prioritizing this stupid game over your family then you are honestly the worst humanity has to offer.

Who cares if this comes during the Christmas season? It’s not like most of you are going to be getting Realm/World firsts anyway. Spend some time away with your family and maybe build some association between happy Christmas times and Shadowlands.

43 Likes