Shadowlands Beta/PTR Compiled Feedback Thread

I am glad you understand! But enough of this nonsense. I let you have the last jab, go ahead.

what do you want demo to be noskulls? What do you dislike about the imp mother style gameplay?

I for one do not like our supposedly summoned demons to be washed out damage over time spells with terrible ai that I cannot control, nor do I like boring fillers that offer no other synergy than the boring chance of getting a core proc.

4 Likes

Too big of a list for dislikes but what I envisioned demo to be is to go back to what we were before we were turned into necromancer/imp mothers. Having a powerful demon by your side aiding you as you deal out the damage.

1 Like

This is a similar issue to what i dislike about demo. I believe that making guardian attacks to our pet target would be better, so if we put our felguard on passive our guardians should go on passive as well. In additions while i don’t hate some RNG imps i do wish that i could store those imps in a spell and summon them all at once.
So whenever i have a priority target or a burst aoe pack come up in a fight, i can summon my army of imps for that short duration. Having my literal, ‘you and what army’ moment.
oh and demo really needs a kick. Having your spec quirk be a negative is really lame.

So pretty much, you prefer the my demon is a sidekick rather than my army. Well i guess that is fairly incompatible with the current design. I don’t see demo being revamped in shadowlands so i guess all we can do is focus on making it better.

2 Likes

I agree however, they are simply not doing that and that grinds my gears. Demo has problems that they are ignoring and believe that demo is in a good place right now and does not deserve improvements. I could get behind the spec if it was not so much focused on being a necro/imp mother.

Would you settle on just greater demon diversity like me?

Like 3 shards spent summons one of a certain set of demons (eg Inquisitor, or Eredar caster), 2 shards spent summons one of another set (less cool, like a Moarg) and 1 shard spent on Hand of Guldan summons small demons like imps or felpuppies or other demonic animals?

I am all for demon diversity in general because of the plethora of demons in this game.

Are you asking for this in just a cosmetic sense or would this impact gameplay?
I will make the assumption that you are coming from a cosmetic sense.
I feel a bit mixed about this, while i think the diversity could be cool i do think that having 10 different demons is a bit too much and i would want to be able to easily identify what each demons purpose was.
I mean, this could still be achieved if you made the demons interchangeable.

I would be fine with cosmetic as well. Have a variation of pitlord, doomguard, wrathguard, dreadlord (maybe? story might get messy in shadowlands). Or heck, named demons we know. There are so many famous demons and we dont take advantage of that. Many dreadlords and pitlords, Jaraxxus, Malchazar (random summon currently), even the eradar twins.

Man, i remember the days that you could enslave Brutalis in sunwell… or when I use to duel people at the first camp in shadowmoon vally when I enslaved the named pitlord like 35 yards away.

1 Like

Summoning a Tyrant but it having a 1% chance of it being Jaraxxus would be entertaining.

1 Like

It’s a early version, but maaan… how I miss Pandaria =/

We could get back old malefic grasp animation. In the end, I still prefer Pandaria talent tree focused on utility(with all the skills baseline to the spec) than the one we have today that we barely change anything =/

7 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-warlock-class-changes/490693/57?u=baalsamael-turalyon

Thanks for hanging in there Felplagued, it’s wild how we’re the only class with randos insisting we be kept down :confused:

Not even the Hunter thread has these takes.

4 Likes

Hunters and locks are both heavy pet realiant, and if that 6 second cast is going to stay, then both classes need an “oh snap” button, hunters already have theirs in the full heal on the pet. Warlocks should get theirs in not healing their pet, but resummoning it, as ive said earlier, with the return of fel domination, long cooldown that allows you to instantly revive your pet.

7 Likes

Just raided mythic Nylotha prog completely as Demo last night, all I’m gonna say…implosion has to baked in… it is a necessity to make the spec flow… removing implosion will kill the spec completely.

Theirs other problems too but play demo with out implosion, literally, just that one trait, makes or breaks Demonology. It has to be in Shadowlands…no questions.

Edit: my biggest fear, is Blizzard is going to do the standard, do what they feel like and when it’s too late then try bandaid the class as usual…close to when the expansion is done…

4 Likes

It was extremely frustrating see people say it’s a good change, it’s like being able to disarm a melee permanently until they pick their weapon back up.

3 Likes

Its kinda strange how some of those spells animations looked better than the ones we have now.

I just wish our soul shard spending increased the both the power of our demons and the looks depending on the amount used/summoned, and that the demons themselves offer some sort of synergy to us.

6 Likes

Balance Druids got a blue post (again).

Shadow Priest Void Ray is a recolored Malefic Grasp in reverse (from player to target rather than target to player). Shocking, I know.

I agree 100%. Warlocks just don’t really have a place at this point with Demon Hunters taking part of the aspect, Death Knights and Shadow Priests taking another part, and part Mages had all along.

Demon Hunters usurped Demonology already (and as evidence, they even took metamorphosis). They push the boundaries of Fel Magic and even temporarily become demons (e.g. metamorphosis) something Warlocks worry about in lore. You could easily see “banish,” “enslave demon,” (especially in a hunter-style tame situation, with command demon as well) “soulstone,” “demonic gateway,” “unending resolve,” “demonbolt,” “demonfire,” and even some of the temporary “summon demon” spells (i.e. bilescourge bombers, summon vile fiend, nether portal, call Dreadstalkers, etc.) move to Demon Hunters. Demon Hunters only have two specs currently - throw them a third one that is a caster spec.

Death Knights perform the same damage over time as affliction (as do Shadow Priests). DKs spread plagues, etc. Things like “unstable affliction,” “haunt,” “drain life,” “deathbolt,” “vile taint,” and “siphon life” could easily be the name of skills an Unholy Death Knight uses (just like Death Coil got ported over). But they also can spread their diseases/DoTs. I could also see all of those except “unstable affliction” in a shadow priest rotation (as well as things like “drain soul,” “shadow bolt,” and any number of curses).

And that’s not even getting into Fire Mages. They actually have a talent named Conflagration. Destruction has conflagrate. It’s not like there’s a ton of difference between the two. I honestly don’t see many - if any - spells that fire mages don’t straight duplicate beyond Chaos Bolt doing actual chaos damage.

And while we’re on the subject - we have some of the dumbest named skills and talents. Some are terrible, some are just ridiculously on-the-nose, and others are just off. Examples:

• Vile Taint (was swamp crotch taken?)
  • Phantom Singularity (what the heck does this have to do with warlocks?)
  • Demonbolt (So as not to be confused with shadow bolt, it is a demon bolt)
  • Deathbolt (So as not to be confused with shadow bolt or demonbolt, it is a death bolt)
  • Chaos Bolt (So as not to be confused with shadow bolt, demonbolt, or deathbolt, it is a chaos bolt - though TWO words, instead of one).
  • Implosion (That just sounds like a dad joke)
  • Rot and Decay (Well, we gave DK’s Death Coil, so we got “Mortal Coil” and “Rot and Decay” as a play off of “Death and Decay”)
  • Hand of Gul’dan (Seriously? Hand of the bad guy who basically tried to destroy Azeroth throughout a number of expansions)
  • Channel Demonfire (Oddly enough, it’s not a Demonology spell - so… I don’t even know what to say)
1 Like

Old incinerate was awesome, even more with old fire and brimstone, It was my favorite thing to do in the game xD