Shadowlands: An Inside Look at the Character Creation UI Redesign

Shadowlands: An Inside Look at the Character Creation UI Redesign

The release of Shadowlands provided a new opportunity to streamline and redesign the character creation process. Go behind-the-scenes with Senior UI Designer Jeff Liu to learn more about the thought processes behind it.

View Full Article

34 Likes

Thank you.

7 Likes

Didn’t know New Players don’t see Allied Races on their character selection screen, that’s actually pretty neat.

Prob creates that sense of wonder going into the game and seeing a Void Elf or Vulpera or something and makes them be like “how do I get to play as that??”

Then google rabbit hole ensues lol

7 Likes

That female worgen visual bug is just…GAH!

1 Like

Thank you, Blizzard. Is there any chance of getting custom background options in the future?

4 Likes

Does anyone else see the Joker?

1 Like

The “Bugs” section tho :sob: :rofl:

39 Likes

Perfection

4 Likes

Thank you! The team did an amazing job :slight_smile:

blizzard, we want this as the next allied race.

3 Likes

Thank you for letting us see a little bit about the creative process and understand a little about what all was involved and how it came to be for the final product.

That was really interesting and you all did an amazing job on the character creation screen. It’s super easy to navigate and you definitely focus on your character. I had no idea that new players see it differently.

What a great article, hope we see more in the future!

7 Likes

hahaha, look at that it has tiddies

2 Likes

WoW art team, every expansion do a better job, they are amazing

i hope WoW lore team (if wow have) and class design become great like Art Team

2 Likes

The new character creation screen is a pain in the neck, though. All this random crap that you have to turn off to make characters look the way they’re supposed to.

3 Likes

I tend to agree with this, until I look at the recolors-upon-recolors, the boring SL mogs, the green-on-gray or gray-on-gray zones, etc.

Usually the art team carries the LFR devs, but this xpac has really shown their faults.

2 Likes

Allied race? I think it should replace the current female worgen model.

2 Likes

we’re to assume that’s what they are

1 Like

Looks like how mogit has been since 8.3 broke it. >_>

You have UI designers? Have they tried designing any UIs? It’s been worldofaddons for 20 years.

1 Like

more options for more people are great. thanks blizz. now just add some new voice lines for some new jokes to replace the old “bad” ones… and I’ll think i’ll be happy.