Shadowlands: A Chilling Summons | Death Gate wont OPEN?

Same here! Moonguard, tons of us are standing outside unable to get in.

Ok Solved! So I disable all my addons dropped quest and log out completely from WoW. I logged back in picked up the quest and it worked.

Just got through!

@Galinia yes it is closed for me
 On an update, still having this issue with death gate not opening, still havent been contacted by a GM

OK so the portal wasn’t showing at the gate for shadowlands. Well i created a new character and i was leveling to 50. I got to 50 and no portal was showing up. So i also noticed a had no portals in the portal rooms and couldn’t port to any locations and had to do it the longer ways. Well it turned out that i was missing a quest called “fate of the horde” once i completed the first sections of the quests the portals where showing up. I got to the second stage where it took me to dalaran i checked and i had all my portals. So i headed back to Origrammar and the gate showed up. I hope this helps others.

11 Likes

So you have to watch the cinematic get the dk to open the portal it wont show up, go get the “fate of the horde” quest outside of org at the docks the guy will be there if you do it in that order and start the questline for that and once youre in org afterwards the portal will be there.

2 Likes

Same problem here. I eventually snuck in via the Alliance portal to Shadowlands, but then I teleported to my garrison and now can’t get back. Ugh.

Can confirm. Pickup the quest outside Org, at the docks " Fate of the Horde ". Complete this short quest to bring Org to the correct phase as it needs to be. All portals, including the required deathgate, now are present and working properly.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue as well, except I didn’t boost my character. 1-50 on levels and I’m getting the same glitch. It’s really disappointing to see that this problem goes back as far as nearly three weeks ago and Blizzard still haven’t fixed the issue.

2 Likes

Sadly this is still an issue on some characters. I’ve done the quest on many characters at this point, but my DH is stuck in a phase with no gate. Disabled addon’s and abandon the quest and still stuck.

I am having this issue right now and the quest yall are saying to find isnt there for me. Any help?

Had to start the Legion crap before Org would phase in properly. Tried to abandon it but it went out of phase again. This was my issue.

I’m experiencing the same issues, neither Darion nor the ICC portal are showing up for me.

Hello,
I had the same issue today when the Death gate didn’t appear, and after doing some searches it seems a bug when you started the legion storyline but didn’t finish at least to the last but one quest , so All I had to do was to finish the quest [Keep Your Friends Close] - Illidari Allies. After that the gate appeared for me.

I hope it helps someone

2 Likes

This worked for me!!!

I was stuck in Pre-Legion org I had to watch vol’jin dying cinematic, then DH intro quest, then I could take the death gate.

he summons the death gate but you are phased in legion it seems like.

I had a similar issue. Spinned up a brand new trial priest and played him until the first chapter of the Shadowlands campaign. I then boosted the character and got the intro combat training sequence again for trial characters for some reason. I landed and went to storm wind and saw the cinematic but the death gate never appears again. I didn’t mind redoing the story quests if it reset my progress but I can’t even get to shadowlands. Worth mentioning that I got all the way to see the Arbiter and all that. I even have a portal to that world in the storm portal gallery. I’ve dropped the quest and can’t pick it up anywhere. I’m questless and unable to progress. I opened a ticket with support yesterday.

2 Likes

I have this sane issue! It tells me to go get the quest “Through the shattered sky” and even marks the quest on the map for me, but the NPC has nothing for me
 I didn’t bind anywhere in the shadowlands so I can’t get back.
Were they able to help you?

But
 I have no friends

Honestly tho, this worked an was an ez fix. :slight_smile: Thank you so much!!! <3

You’re an angel for this.

To everyone still having issues with this annoying bug I made it work for myself and I hope it helps the rest of you too.

I made a Zandalari troll and began the Legion questline. I did the scenario but after it I decided to boost the character. Now, I was stuck without being able to see the Death Gate. As mentioned by other replies you need to go to Orgrimmar docks and pick up Fate of the Horde quest which tells you to go and talk to Saurfang, but he isn’t there because of the Shadowlands quest overlapping. I am not exactly sure what made him appear for me but I flew outside of Orgrimmar, came back and killed myself and abandoned the quest. After a few minutes he appeared in front of the closed Grommash Hold door. I picked up the quest again and managed to talk to him which sent me to do the Legion questline. After you’re done talking to Sylvanas and killing the demons, it’ll phase you out and that’s when you’ll be able to see the Death Gate.

This almost made me rip all of my hair out but glad it worked out in the end lol.