Shadowlands: A Chilling Summons | Death Gate wont OPEN?

So i bought shadowlands tonight, and got a free boost. I Boosted my lv 40 warlock to 50, and got the Quest. After talking to Nazgrim, and watching the cinematic, Highlord Darion is supposed to open the Death Gate, he walks over next to that large wagon, and attempts to Open it, except for me its not opening/showing a death gate, then he disappears through it… Also there’s no people in org, no portals, some mailboxes/npc are missing… not sure if that’s related but just some things i noticed. I logged onto my lv.50 paladin to test that character to see if it worked, and it worked perfectly… So why isn’t it working for my warlock? Much help appreciated. I did open a ticket, and was responded with, disable Add-ons, reloadUI, and and abandon quest to get it… i have tried all this and more before even getting a response. Please help, I just wanna dot things with my lock in shadowlands =[

20 Likes

same thing happened to me

2 Likes

Same man… complete trash :confused:

My Hunter has the same problem and got the same response from Support…they directed me here…no answer here either.

same issue happened to my DK.
others are ok to start the quest but only the DH can not see the portal.

Same issue here. On a seperate note is the door Grommash Hold closed for you?

2 Likes

hey guys, if you get a friend that has the quest working and use it party sync it should work, hope this fixes it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

^ @Auntydomma was right
If you get someone that hasn’t done the quest, and you party sync with them the Death Gate shows up. Thank you for the hotfix @Auntydomma !

2 Likes

Just an FYI - it is STILL bugged. Clicking on the DG just opens up the ICC loading screen and you eventually get ‘kicked back’ to Org.

5 Likes

Yep. Tried relogging and it still won’t work. This sucks.

1 Like

Yea I’ve tried twice now and it’s not working just bringin up the loading screen and I can still hear fighting.

1 Like

There is a large group of players outside the death gate with the same issue. None of us can get through the death gate. Transfer aborted - instance not found.

2 Likes

Same here :frowning:

Indeed I am getting the same problem.

same issue. No addons enabled, and portal says instance not found.

Happening to me on my paladin, can’t find a fix for it. No other characters have been affected, so I guess there goes my weekend alt leveling plans… Really annoying and not gotten any support even though there are dozens of players on Dalaran standing at the gate with the same issues. Good stuff paying for content you can’t even access!!

Blizzard please help fix this bug. I can’t be the only one with limited time to play that finds this very frustrating! Thank you.

3 Likes

Same thing. Clicking the portal brings up the icc loading screen but never loads.

I just logged on hoping to start some Shadowlands fun, as it’s Friday evening. Took the A Chilling Summons quest, went to the DG and clicked on it. Got stuck on the icecrown loading screen. Alt - f4’d a couple of times, didn’t work. Let it load a couple of times, didn’t work. Just sends me back to orgri.

Come on Blizzard get this fixed. Can’t start quest line. Death Gate is literally killing our fun this weekend.

1 Like