Shadow Priest - How does this happen?

LoL nice try breh 10/10 for the deflection effort

If you see Aggrends post on twitter he states that the first few weeks of a new season are going to be chaos with some outliers.

This is just the way it is.

They are going to wait and see if things change once people start gearing up and then make adjustments.

Just gotta chill for a bit because things can change and if they dont then classes will get nerfed /buffed no doubt.

They said they will continue with weekly class updates once things settle down.

1 Like

Priest has been broken for the entirety of SoD

let warriors and rogues get geared and then you’ll see what is damage… instead of complaining about priests, you should complain about the damage powercreep without a stamina buff

Every other class with an stv sacrifice heal trinket is 300 life for 300 life. Priest is shield, aka temporary life, aka can increase max life.

It is actually infinitely better. You can start encounters with it and then pw:s after it falls. Or pw:s, trinket, pw:s again cuz the debuff is probably gone.

SP are so out of control at this point it should, if we are following the balance model, have already had a quickly thrown together and poorly planned out of band nerf already. Instead is seems that if they do tone it down (big if) they are going to take their time and try to do it rationally. Weird. I wonder why the different treatment?

I get that these small project, private servers are hard to work on when youre doing it in your spare time.

1 Like

Right.

How did balance warrant that while priest is infinitely better than pre-nerf balance druid?

1 Like

its hilarious that boomkins went for 2 months completely destroying people and then after 3 days they expect shadow priests to be immediately nerfed

“how could this happen, how could blizzard not notice?!”

6 Likes

Priest has been better than Druid since SoD launched.

They also out DMG pre nerf balance druid

1 Like

what priest was deleting people in P1?

2 Likes

i notice you say “priest” and not shadow priest, the people who wanted to play shadow got told to suck it up and they’d be good in p2, here we are 3 days into p2 and nope sorry

“Shadow priest doesn’t even exist yet bro you should be terrible!”

begins existing

ok stop that immediately

10 Likes

Paladins, druids, and hunters were top classes in P1 by a large margin. Yes, priests were best healers in PvE and PvP (they were absolute lowest damage dealers). However, their strong healing was a problem mostly vis a vis other classes; it felt bad to heal as another class compared to a priest.

Priests will be good healers this phase, but I’m not sure they will be top. Our throughout has really diminished since the rune/healing nerfs. We are really struggling in both PvP and PvE right now, particularly with mana management and burst damage. We are highly desired in both PvE and PVP groups, but playing a priest is fraught right now.

I think many folks knew shadow priests would be insane this phase, and they are. Some tuning might be needed, but I don’t think they are terribly out of line. Yes, they are hard counters to certain classes (i.e. rogues), but I don’t think they are terribly op. Priests are very squishy, even with strong CDs. Most importantly, priests have zero mobility. It’s very easy to surround them, cut them off, and overwhelm them.

You didn’t have shadow priest in P1 because shadow form literally didn’t exist.

What are you talking about?

You had to wait for phase 2 because you didn’t have enough talent points

Give me a 75% execute and I wont need any mobility. Ill just stand there.

You’re wrong. Priests were the only mandatory PvE and PvP class in all of P1

4 Likes

yeah, so they’ve existed for 3 days and you want them nerfed, while starsurge druids have been doing cartwheels across wsg for 2 months :rofl:

3 Likes

“yeah, so they’ve existed for 3 days and you want them nerfed, while starsurge druids have been doing cartwheels across wsg for 2 months :rofl:

This right here! People’s memories, man. LOL.

3 Likes

Yes. They have broken the game.

Also, priests were the best predictor of a WSG win in P1. Not druid

Was actually priest and hunter.

1 Like

spriests are bad: HA, YOU SUCK FOR EVEN TRYING
spriests are good: NERFFFFF

meanwhile druids got a non intended 100% spell coef for 2 months

2 Likes

This isn’t “Spriest is good so nerf”

This is “Spriest are gods among men with the strongest sustain, burst, defensives, runes, and mana efficiency in the game”

This is “Spriest has an ability that crits for 1400-1600 on top of an immensity powerful kit”

Druid only had starsurge and they got nerfed. Druid had one tool and it was taken from them.

Spriest has every tool on top of an ability that hits harder than pre-nerf starsurge

4 Likes