Shadow Priest - How does this happen?

You can still move around roles without changing spec. Does that mean specs don’t exist at 40?

Okay, but I would still be a Shadow-runed Priest, which is pretty much the same thing as a spec

Exactly right

Haha yeah, I doubt Blizzard tested anything before the new season came out

1 Like

Let’s be clear, dot ticks dont grant a chance, only the initial application applies it.

You know what is fun though, Blackout + Shared Pain. I once stunned 3 people with one cast of SW:P. They all died.

(This was last phase)

i wonder, does it just roll the 10% chance once and stun on all 3? or did you just get seriously lucky?

Yeah only the first few weeks…
(Looks at druids starsurge for all of P1)

I believe it is all separate and I just got really lucky. Sometimes I will only stun one or two rather three.

It is really fun when it happens though.

Penance and PoM were both substantially stronger than starsurge all of P1

Priest was the best PvE and PvP class the entire phase

I think y’all are just romanticizing about how powerful Shadow Priests are.

Yes they are powerful, but like in all PvP, whomever gets the jump wins or whoever has their CDs, which is usually the one who got the jump.

Yes if a Shadow Priest got the jump on the rogue, the SP would win, but it works both ways. Do y’all know you can just easily drop combat and re-stealth if you stop hitting them while they use Dispersion, sure they get out of one stun, but then they just get stun locked

Same with a Paladin

Same with a Mage

Same with a Hunter

And every other class

SW:D needs a touch up and that about it.

1 Like

Completely disagree. Spriest is the only class that has no counterplay.

They can execute most players at 90% and win. No build up. Nothing.

Priest also have objectively the strongest defensives in the game. Also the most mana efficient class

When you are getting killed as a SP just realize that most other classes would have died in 1/2 the time and done 1/2 the damage back to their attacker. You really have it the best out of every other class in the game.

1 Like

This is exactly correct

if you are 1vs1ing someone and you death even with pw:s on you are still hitting your own shield for 400 or whatever, pw:s is just an extension of your health pool, it doesn’t “negate” it

You win the health race with the ability then. Pretty simple.

And again, if you kill the target, which can be from 90%, you take no DMG

And a full zero amount of players are surviving two

Except they do

I just told you how to counter play on a rogue.

Mages can just polymorph and whip out pyroblast POM pyroblast or the shatter combo. If they use SW:D to get out of it, then you can just polymorph again, and heal yourself to max while they are polymorphed.

Counter play on a Hunter is just kiting them.

Warlocks just beat Shadow Priests via attrition (I don’t know I have never played one)

Paladins can do it if they have all their cooldowns and don’t make a mistake.

Shaman has disease cleanse totems, purge, grounding totem, an interrupt, healing and some lovely burst. (I don’t know how it works in classic but I seem to loose to Shamans).

PvP is about who gets the jump.

Anyways, I need to start my day. Cheers for the conversation, enjoy your day.

It was the best class in phase 1

Best healer, worst dps.

Opinion thrown in trash for misleading people.

The only indispensable class in the entire phase on PvE and PvP

make it reflect 200%

This is a good idea. Nerf it 50% then do this

That way, priests have to actually think