Shadow Priest Buffs! And a Concern

Finally we may actually be justified in taking a DPS spot, honestly they are great. When I read this I was over the moon. I hate to be that person who takes a bite then eats the whole sandwich… but it still doesn’t address our Glove Rune.

Currently Penance trumps SW:Death, it hits harder, both offensive and has healing usage, the only downside for Penance it slightly costs more then SW:Death, but its Pros definitely out weight the 15 extra mana.

SW:Death is in a very awkward spot, 12 sec cd just like Penance, does less damage but if you don’t secure a kill you receive 100% of the damage dealt. My issue is in Classic we don’t have the Health or Mana Pool to help with the backlash damage essentially making Penance a far more superior choice regardless.

Some suggestions to help SW:Death,

• lower its cost substantially, so the trade off for the Damage (and it does less damage then Penance) is having a healthier mana pool to heal/shield ourselves essentially making a non execute cast far less worse.

• SW:Death procs Spirit Tap on use, finally Priests have a way for a little mana sustain in combat to help alleviate the backlash damage, it’s not much but definitely would help.

• Alternatively Twisted Faith makes Mind Flay free as our filler and the mana saved/gained is to help keep us semi healthy for the healers to react.

Don’t get me wrong the buffs are great, just the gloves Rune Slot seems to be a one size fits all slot currently, Penance. Penance is great for Disc and Holy, literally it’s carrying the class, but Shadow should definitely prioritise more Shadow oriented Runes.

My worry for the future is once Shadow Form unlocks and Penance being a Holy Spell we lose access to it and from our current Runes it’s going to be either Mind Sear for AoE and SW:Death for ST.

SW:Death just simply needs more, be it infinitely cheaper, Proc Spirit Tap or simply make the backlash damage 50% rather then 100%, once phase 2 comes around and we finally get access to Darkness + Shadow Form that’s 25% increased Shadow Damage, throw in Shadow Weaving, SW:Death dealing an additional 40% damage back to us is insane.

It’s unsustainable as an ability in Classic WoW, especially as a Rune choice, personally if we had a Rune instead of SW:Death let’s say “Mind Spike”.

• Mind Spike, Mind Blast becomes Mind Spike, reduced threat on cast, effected by Mind Blast Talents (Improved Mind Blast), procs Spirit Tap on use.

This be infinitely better Rune and suitable for Classic. Fixes a lot of our issues too, gets rid of the insane threat generation from Mind Blast, slight increase our mana regen with spirit tap procing off it.

1 Like

This is only really a problem at level 25 where you don’t have many +shadow damage buffs, you’re also missing shadow form.
It’s a problem that will mostly fix itself next phase, changes now will likely need to be reverted next phase.
I think it’s why they went overboard on buffing other spells to ‘make up for it’ (these are HUGE buffs)

2 Likes

yep, all these people crying for balance at lvl 25, when its a short phase need to stop the complaining and wait for next lvl bands…blizzard isn’t going to balance hardcore every lvl bracket, that would be a disaster…

1 Like

Huh? Short according to who? I presume this phase won’t end until Feb.

1 Like

Just a little correction, everything they’ve said so far seems to indicate this phase will be the same length as others on average, 2ish months or so

1 Like

That is still short. You all are acting like it is going to be 11 - 12 months or this is the only patch. :roll_eyes:

:thread: :mute: :no_bell:

1 Like

K.

We dont know how long or short this phase is going to be.

SoM phase 1 was about 1 month. I expect SoD to be more or less the same schedule.

They have said its not following SoM. Even after the 40, 50, and 60 leveling brackets we still have raid phases. The best case is not to assume and wait and see. When asked directly the devs said they werent sure how long phase 1 would last.

If they did say that, I don’t believe them. From a business and marketing standpoint, the most sensible thing to keep people subbed is monthly/quarterly content releases.

SWD is fine as is, once you have Vampiric Embrace you will heal back most if not all the damage it deals to you in between CDs making it less of to a complete nonissue for the class. It will also out scale penence with the rest of your talents that buffs your shadow damage.

Note this isn’t retail VE that last for a short while, this is Classic VE that lasts as long as you refresh the debuff, which should be every minute. So you should constantly be healing yourself and your party.

Lol what? Its one sub for all wow. People wont unsub.

Except people like me, who only subbed for SoD because they aren’t interested in retail.

Lol, putting those emojis in like your point matters, okay friend

no one wants to be useless for any of the time they play, not a hard concept to grasp if you rub your two braincells together enough to make some friction, hope that helps

The suite of changes would be much better if Hommunculi actually assisted with our current target, and not some random critter in another zone, and if the buff to TF was just baked into MB and MF themselves, leave the Rune as is.

They didn’t nerf the healing and increased the damage.
PVP Unstoppable monsters we priest are becoming.

1 Like

They might give a rune that improves fade for some defensive, mana return, reduce threat as well. We do have useless pts for fade in shadow tree. Sw:d is a weird one. Shadow will just be kind of bottom of the pack until later talents i bet. Even then the scaling is a problem plus mana. All dot classes suffer. Would love to see some dot crits or dot haste or something else to spice up the rotation and scale well. I like the idea of spirit tap procs

I dont play retail either. There is classic era and wotlk. You’re in the extreme minority. Also, most people like sod from what ive seen.

1 Like

This. People are expecting every single inadequacy of their class to be addressed at 25 without considering future talents and runes completing the class. They shouldn’t implement things they are going to have to revert later.

1 Like