Shadow dance

The fact that it’s still in the class tree is dumb. Fix the class and make it the sub only top talent. No other spec wants to touch that button. It’s clunky and buggy. Stop it

37 Likes

I agree. Shadow dance should exclusively be for sub. Just feels weird for the other specs.
What should outlaw & assassination have in its place?
I was thinking combat readiness for outlaw
and marked for death that can track invisibility and is stronger/last longer.

10 Likes

I love playing with it on the other specs. Its flavorful for them in their own ways and feels very smooth and engaging to play actually. Cope harder.

4 Likes

The thing that really bugs me about it being put in the class tree isn’t even specifically that it was done. It’s more that Combat/Outlaw hasn’t shared anything that was iconic to the spec. While, Subtlety has given literally everything that made it iconic to the class. Like, what the heck, man.

8 Likes

It’s flavourful for sub because they’re the “shadow” spec. No other spec likes it. People play it because it does the top dps. It’s rubbish

9 Likes

Combat/Outlaw hasn’t shared anything that was iconic to the spec.

Acrobatic Strikes

3 Likes

It’s extra stealths! As an all time Sin player, I love having the extra stealth!

5 Likes

I wouldn’t consider a passive anywhere near in the league of actives like Blade Flurry or Adrenaline Rush. <.<

There’s also no way someone would point to that as a core identity of Outlaw.

2 Likes

I agree with this. Not only does ER suck to play with, its also really not thematic. I feel the same with Thistle Tea but thats whatever at this point. ER definitely should go though.

As I just said I love it. Ive wanted to play it since Beta. If it were called any other thing that didnt have “shadow” in the name you wouldnt care that all 3 specs had it.

Its iconics yes but is more utility than dps. Like leeching poison with Sin rogue.

1 Like

I’d hate to play it because it’s an iconic sub ability and ruins the flow and feel of sin and outlaw

2 Likes

I love it as an ability but yeah it feels out of place thematically on other specs but especially on outlaw.

6 Likes

Shadow dance for Assassination rogue pvp, why i love it.

• 10% more dmg on 1min cd
  • I can now, restun off my kidney into another cheap shot and finish off with a garrote silence, saving my vanish and creating massive pressure on a healer. Every 1min
  • Aoe silence a team in close proximity with Indiscriminate carnage talent, every 1min
  • Setup my death mark with massive garrote dmg from stealth whislt saving my vanish.
  • smokebomb a kidney go, restun the targets trinket and stun or silence inc healer with the remaining dance

Few points why i love shadow dance this season, because its off global cooldown is why this ability works so well and feels smooth. Great replacement for mark for death after that was removed.

8 Likes

I find Shadow Dance fun on Outlaw and Assassination but I do feel it gives the devs an easy out to neglect other talents in the tree.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

4 Likes

Lol…why? I am loving the burst damage it enables. Not to mention being able to spam cheapbshot like sub is fun sometimes.

1 Like

It really is not. L2p

2 Likes

Its honestly the coolest thing they did. Shadowdance is such a cool ability with such flexible usage (damage or cc). The main reason it surprises me is they basically stole something iconic from sub without really giving up anything iconic from assassination.

Outlaw technically gave up acrobatic strikes but thats less iconic then a spec themed active ability.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t say it’s iconic at all. Let alone less. There’s nothing about it that says “spec identity”, even. I’ve read threads about people even debating it’s usefulness. And, let’s also not forget, that’s the only thing. You know what’s in the class tree that was originally a Subtlety ability? Shadowrunner(originally Camouflage), Shadowstep, Cheat Death, Improved Ambush and Soothing Darkness.

Let’s also not forget, before it’s removal, Preparation was made class-wide in MOP. Which, was a immensely powerful talent. Similarly, Marked For Death was basically just better Premeditation.

To me, it’d be like if Combat had Adrenaline Rush, Blade Flurry, Killing Spree, and whatever else in the class tree and the only thing from Subtlety was Shadowrunner/Camouflage. And even then, this is worse because Shadowrunner/Camouflage has been in the game since it was created while Acrobatic Strikes was added in Legion. The fact that Shadow Dance is now a class-wide ability while these others aren’t is absolutely mind-blowing to me.

1 Like

None of this makes sense to me. You play a rogue, not an outlaw rogue. So, who cares what was “stolen” and put in the class tree. When you play the class you have access to all three specs and the entire class tree, so nothing was taken from you.

5 Likes

I feel like the best cop out move they could do is to put Vendetta as a choice node there. Just make it so vendetta increases your damage by X and considers you in stealth for the duration.

Gives people the you don’t have to press shadow dance awkwardness and allows for a large CD for all rogue specs.

3 Likes

What doesn’t make sense about it? I’m asking for access to other spec’s abilities while playing specced Subtlety. Since, Outlaw has access to many Subtlety abilities while specced Outlaw. <.<

1 Like