Shadow dance

I miss vendetta so much, they should bring it back and make it a self buff like wings which gives you true sight for the first 10sec hehe

2 Likes

Well, most arent comparable because you are mostly listing passives that dont do much for playstyle, or in the past were in the subtlety tree, but low enough on the totem pole that combat/assassination could and would still take them as side talents after capping out their trees.

Shadowdance stands as egregious because it was subs capstone and primary unique thing for so long.

You dont want killing spree trust me (not even outlaw wants it) but I could see ADR or something like that being on class tree. I dont think theyll do it but it wouldnt irk me particularly as long as we get to keep ER in some form.

Sin i’m not sure what they could put on the class tree. Vendetta is pretty boring honestly, deathmark wouldnt make much sense for sub and zero sense for outlaw, I’d love to see shared access to the execute functions sin gets tho, and then buffed versions of those executes in sins tree (similar to dk).

1 Like

literally just rename class tree shadowdance to something different so people wont lose their minds over semantics

i would very much like to play a season of KS being the meta. it was for a short time in shadowlands with the vanish crit lego

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean. What else could I even list? Look at the Classic WOTLK talent calculator. There really isn’t that much to list to begin with. And all of Subtlety’s are either removed or class-wide now. Subtlety had Ghostly Strike, Preparation, Hemorrhage, Premeditation, Shadowstep and Shadow Dance.

Ghostly Strike was just deleted. I know Outlaw has an ability with the name but the function is completely different.
Preparation was made baseline in MOP. But, later removed in Legion.
Hemorrhage was given to Assassination in Legion, later being removed(unfortunately, don’t remember when).
Premeditation was removed in Legion. But, we had Marked For Death, which was basically a better version and class-wide. But, was then also later removed in Dragonflight.
Shadow Step and Shadow Dance are currently in the class tree.

There really isn’t anything else. We didn’t get new spec-specific abilities in Cataclysm or MOP unless I am misremembering.
I can’t quite remember WOD atm.

1 Like

… you already dont have to press shadow dance. Swear complainers dont even play the class. Its off the gcd. Just macro it.

I’m aware man, I love shadow dance. I just know people are stupid and think it feels awkward. Best change they made to outlaw was making ambush strike twice. It’s a real button now.

2 Likes

Dreadblades :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Literally parsing 100’s on my rogue and top 50 on raider io. Stop

Uh huh… yet here you are posting on a mage.

An no cheeves for his portals which youd need all of them to be a top 50.

But anyway, heres the famous Rogue in question

2 Likes

of all the replies you couldve made, you choose to make the most obvious lie lmao. I’ll stop when you l2p

1 Like

I mean dance is like insanely valuable for Outlaw and an important part of how the spec flows.

Another option for empowered garrotes is also insanely valuable for assa as well.

The problem fundamentally isn’t dance, it’s that all 3 specs are too reliant on stealth abilities to do damage. Between the eyes spamming & Ambush is too much of your damage to take dance away from outlaw. Empowered Garrotes are too valuable for Assa to take dance away.

8 Likes

Lmao no its not. The problem is that the other capstones are lackluster and feel bad to play respectively. Youre playing a rogue. Youre gonna wanna use stealth based abilities. If you dont, go play a warrior or hunter.

Did you just contradict yourself in consecutive sentences

Strange way of revealing you severely lack reading comprehension. You would still use crackshot and stealth garrotes without taking shadow dance.

1 Like

Loss of Mark of Death hits the feels too.

Not sure what BlizZard is doing.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

1 Like

I like it when stealth based abilities are my opener or part of my utility (re-stealthing to cheese, escape, or CC). I don’t like it when using vanish is DPS cooldown. Shadow dance is interesting for assassin and outlaw because it now opens up more utility, but may change their damage profile to focus around it. I liked assassin as a steady DPS spec and outlaw’s DPS not focused around stealth windows.

I felt like massive, short damage windows was for subtlety rogues and the other two spec could do damage differently.

6 Likes

Doesn’t let me change my character from my
Phone because this website is speghetti coded like the game itself

You can literally go to raider io and look?

DPS aside, im grateful for not needing to wait the 2 minutes for vanish. Hello AoE garrote silenced!!

Yes it does it just takes a second

I don’t even have a mage created on any realm. But you know what, theres a mage in the 14th spot on IO. I can claim to be that person and since that person exists on that list, you cannot refute my claims. Thats your logic?

2 Likes

You can see account characters that are yours.