Sever going down

Well, we are not talking about $15/mo we are talking about potentially have to upgrade the whole setup.

1 Like

Actually 5kg of rice just reached 15 converted dollars. Sad times.

1 Like

Those are considered acceptable losses, just like what happened when they cut XP and 32 bit support.

They arenā€™t asking anyone to do anything. Do it or donā€™t, itā€™s your call. Your system no longer meets the minimum requirements. What you do with that information is on you. However, demand they to continue to code around older instruction sets indefinitely because the ā€œgame runs fineā€ for you otherwise is the pinnacle of selfishness.

they arenā€™t going to hobble together support for these CPUs forever. Like I said before, this is writing on the wall. CPUs arenā€™t supported by magic and the simple fact they exist and are a CPU. It requires human effort and intentionally choosing to not utilize newer instructions set to continue to support increasingly aging hardware.

Every time I see threads like these, I just stop and imagine where we would be if developers and CPU manufacturers listen to the people who demanded that progress stop on software development because they didnā€™t want to have to upgrade their IBM 486 CPUs because they ā€œjust workedā€ otherwise.

Itā€™s your choice to either A) upgrade your potato in order to play the game -or- B) Donā€™t upgrade your potato and not be able to play the game.

Also realize that in certain situations, putting undue stress on one piece of hardware can cause implications to other pieces of hardware eventually leading to being forced to replace more than one item. That alone is reason enough to stop trying to play a game your setup isnā€™t suited for.

You donā€™t know that, only they have the information if this loss is acceptable or not. Well I guess weā€™ll see, if they fix, these loss is not acceptable.

Again, its entirely possibly that they may be able to hobble together a solution.

But regardless of what happens with this specific issue, the takeaway that you need to get from this is that the writing is on the wall for these CPUs.

I donā€™t know if you are familiar with that saying, though I doubt itā€™s a idiom specific to America, but in case you arenā€™t it means that its obvious that there are very clear signs that something bad is going to happen in the near future.

These CPUs are done for, in the context of wow. Upgrade or donā€™t, its your decision.

Well, they published this system requirements on 30 of august. 2 months before the launch. If the were writing on the wall, they should noticed us before we spend money on expansion. If they state, as you are saying, in the next expansion this or those will not be supported, thatā€™s fair, Iā€™ll work on upgrading the hardwares then.

But states that a minor issue that might well be poor coding, is an unsupported hardware issue in so short notice, is awful.

They published BFA System requirements 7 months before launch, for comparison.

1 Like

I use this CPU. Iā€™m a single mom living on a super tight budget. And included in my super tight budget, is the entertainment allowance Iā€™ve given myself for years and years of $15/ month. Iā€™ve taken time off from the game when I needed that money for other things. Iā€™ve been a player since BC. I donā€™t go out to eat, and do free things like walking and going to the library. I have nothing left after I pay my bills. The math for me to get a new motherboard, 16G RAM, i5 CPU, case, graphics card, 2 TB HDD, power supply, SSD (my son says I need a 500G one) is over $678.00 before taxes. This is a budget build with no fancypants stuff. And that doesnā€™t include a monitor. My current monitor doesnā€™t have an HDMI port. And I got it as a hand me down over 10 years ago.
Iā€™m chiming in as support for this little fix. My computer runs the game totally fine. Nothing on high settings, but Iā€™m totally happy with that. If it ever comes to it that WoW canā€™t update things for me anymore, then I totally understand. I just donā€™t understand why people feel the need to make others feel bad.

4 Likes

Also worth to mention that a company that is closing offices, firing people and on the edge of a unions workers strike are not in position to take ā€œacceptable lossesā€.

1 Like