Sever going down

for how long

Not sure why. Everything is pretty stable now.

1 hour
/10char

Bug fixes probably.

Hopefully a fix for the AMD Phenom issue… Its pretty bull doo doo for those of us that have them and we cant use any customizations

Im frigging livid at the situation.

1 Like

Says one hour, expect to not play today and you wont be disappointed

2 Likes

I have a Phenom…what’s the issue?

1 Like

7 am to 8 am EDT…If you actual read when you log into the game under Breaking News.

I see ton of coders sweating and running back and forth yelling “we need everyone to solve this now people are gettin 1-shotted hurry hurry!”

5 Likes

it literally tells you how long. Do you want me to fund you some glasses?

2 Likes

it does? where

Pacific Time not Eastern…

A lot of people with the Phenom IIs are missing hair textures and the eyes are deleted from their characters. I was looking forward to the character customizations but I cant even see any of them to play with. I had to sex change just so it didnt looks AMAZINGLY disturbing.

Login Screen, Character Select Screen, or the Bnet Desktop App.

Battlenet screen

A Phemon processor in 2020, absolute yikes. Curious how long you expect your ancient potato processor to be supported?

Five more years? Ten? Indefinitely?

3 Likes

The game itself says there no servers are available even though the realm status page shows everything as being up.

I can run the game at max setting usually. The game itself is more gfx card reliant which I have a GTX 1060. I’ve never run into a game that it couldn’t handle yet.

Replacing it means a new processor, a new motherboard, probably new RAM, and calculating out if my power supply can handle it vs a new PSU. Its not cheap, especially for something that works for pretty much any game I throw at it.

1 Like

This is a scheduled maintenance, they knew well ahead of time they were gonna apply hotfixes the next day. Nothing to see here.

Thats fine, but that doesn’t really answer the question. Its been 14 years since the AMD2/2+ socket was launched.

CPUs don’t just work through magic. They work because of code and instruction sets. As CPUs get older and older, they support fewer and fewer instruction sets that are still being used, as opposed to say ten years ago. Software has to be coded with these CPUs and the instruction sets they utilize in mind so the CPUs can still read, access, and act on the code that they are presented with.

How much longer do you expect your 14 year old socket to be supported for, and when can support safely be dropped where you won’t be “livid” about it? I personally would have hit that mark about 4 years ago, myself.

(keep in mind this is all grossly simplified)

1 Like