Setting our Sights on 2022 for the 15th Anniversary of WoW Esports!

Seems strange to almost completely abandon/neglect Arena and PVP for so long, and then prop up an e-sport out of it. But I guess that’s none of my business.

34 Likes

Is this an out of season April Fool’s Joke thread?

73 Likes

Why do they continue to push this on us? Esports don’t even draw a worthwhile crowd anymore.

24 Likes

And the crowd goes mild…

30 Likes

15 years of eroding RPG elements in a sad attempt to get a piece of the e-Sports pie.

edit to add obligatory boo gif

96 Likes

Why should I care about eSports when the state of PvP (and the game, in general) is absolutely horse pucky? I hope your eSport anniversary is cursed.

39 Likes

Y’all need to stop this GOGOGOGOGOGOGO stuff. It’s not fun.

80 Likes

alalala THD liked this Esport post , i told you only Elite Streamer care about WOW Esport !!!

They make the game for streamers !! :nerd_face:

4 Likes

6 Likes

Please make the game more casual-friendly, thank you.

25 Likes

Since Blizzard is so good at removing content, please remove eSports from the game. Thanks!

100 Likes

“For 2022, our philosophy is to iterate and improve throughout the year to constantly expand on what makes WoW Esports a community that everyone can be proud to be a part of.”

Watching it on Youtube makes you a part of it?

6 Likes

you can try qualification and get in if your good

Oh yeah its the thread of memes :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Why?

The focus on esports was bad for the game from the start. It’s like saying “15 years ago I deliberately cut off my right leg at the knee. Let’s celebrate!”

37 Likes

Esports in WoW would be better if the game was more sporting. The ceaseless character stat treadmills and progression walls make balance impossible, muddy the waters with pseudo-pay-to-win, muddies feedback with paid carriers posing as elitists attacking the community, pits the community against eachother in general, millstones people out of the game by the hundred thousand into competitor products that have solved these issues a decade ago, etc. It is like trying to build a sport under the direction of a steroid production cabal.

11 Likes

Honestly, WoW esports has never been exciting or overly interesting to me. Now and then you have an arena match or M+ that is different and I’ll watch a clip of that if I hear about it. Most of the time it is the same thing over and over and that got stale 10 years ago for me.

10 Likes

P.s. I’m glad this was posted by a generic bot account and not Kaivax. He doesn’t deserve the hate but oh boy blizzard marketing does.

34 Likes

Kaivax shouldn’t feel any of the blame even if he did post it.

3 Likes