Sethrak Will Never Be Playable

I’ll be 28 in a month. She’s got stage 4 colon cancer with metastasis in the liver.

It’s rough. I do pretty good. Games and my pet snakes help a lot. Cause there’s nothing I can do. And that’s the worse thing.

Thank you though. :heart:

5 Likes

If blizzard starts adding allied races in content gaps I bet Sethrak would be a popular race they can start with. Especially since they already have playable models. Using the new npc system. And are worgen female reskins. They would make a good horde race tbh and a united Zandalar would be cool.

2 Likes

Rexxar is older than Battle for Azeroth. But he’s still an NPC, and wouldn’t have as nearly a fully fleshed out model as a player character.

It’s this reasoning that seeing Vulpera in underwear was suspicious.

I am really sorry to hear that.

That’s how it always was.

We’re talking about the videogame that beyond its façade of “supporting” anyone or anything, is still a videogame with predominantly male audience. Trust me when I say that something that DOESN’T have breasts in Blizzard game have infinitely less chances to be playable.

1 Like

Well yeah I know Rexxar is older than BfA (he’s older than WoW) but he’s had a few model updates. What I meant was I don’t remember if he had his current model in Legion or did he just get it in BfA.

Actually its 1/3 the size of Vulpes.

Also the Sethrak form mega threads have capped several times over… granted the current one only has 51k views atm

YOU CANNOT KILL HOPE! YOU TRIED AT TELDRASSIL! YOU FAILED! HOPE REMAINS!

YOU SET US TO KILL EACHOTHER AT LORDAERON! YOU FAILED!

HERE WE STAND!

YOU!

JUST!

KEEP!

FAILING!

2 Likes

I won’t let playable Sethrak go until WoW shuts down for good.

Keep the dream alive.

9 Likes

Oh, that’s a good question. Looking up images from Rexxar in Highmountain, he’s very different than now.

1 Like

I hope you’re wrong, OP. I’d love to see Sehtrakk. But I’m not super optimistic about it happening.

2 Likes

That was the popular demand. Sethrak, however, isn’t. As I said, make this forum(and Twitter/Reddit) drown in everything Sethrak, and then MAYBE they’ll consider making them playable.

Kul-tiran skeletons is somewhat modified skeletons of Male and Female vrykuls, which is funny, because for instance, Female Vrykul skeleton is heavily modified female orc skeleton.

Rexxar uses KT male skeleton, correct.

They do not, though. They don’t even have dressable models, like Naga, and even then it is done for more artistic freedom of dressing NPC’s into existing sets and armor pieces without need to model something from scratch.

I am hoping I’m wrong too, but I’m pretty much done giving dead-ends any of my emotional strength to dream for it and hope for it. Its tiring.

1 Like

https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=136720/sethrak-ambusher

If you check in the models tab. You can see the models. They have an eat animation… which is weird. (unless it’s just for the dungeon where they eat the eggs).

They also have cool swim animations. I think they would make an amazing allied race. They should be horde too! Honestly.

1 Like

Honestly they just have to fix the armor pieces which takes a bit but they did it for most races. And it being a worgen reskin makes it a bit easier. They mostly just have to work with the head stuff.

Also

It occurs to me that a number of the OP’s points could’ve applied to Worgen before they were made playable.

8 Likes

coughs in Alliance shamans and druids Sethrak only have one loa really anyways, not that different from Worgen and Goldrinn.

They had a strong connection with the Zandalari and by extension the Horde

That’s a load of hogwash. This isn’t 2004 where we need to conform to basement dwelling quintuple chins wanting to whack it to emarginate stick figures. Having females be the stronger sex in 2020 would be a positive selling point.

Void Elves had a single elf who was in the game for 1 patch as a minor questing character in one zone. Mag’har orcs had… Etrigg for some reason?

Iunno, having the second most populated thread besides the high elf one seems like demand to me.

Okay level 10 forum troll, post on your real account.

2 Likes

Immersion.
In-game “cutscenes”.
Etc.
Has nothing to do with being playable, sadly.

It wasn’t. Again, there’s a lot of races with actually DRESSABLE models, which was done solely for purpose of saving resources on modeling everything from scratch. The example for it is Tuskarr, Taunka, Naga. But then again, as I said, the Vulpera and Mechagnomes were decided to be playable long before you even heard of their existence. Its just the marketing team that makes you feel like they catering to your demand. That’s what they getting payed for.
Everyone on god’s green earth could hate Vulperas and even threat to delete accounts if they to be playable, and even then they would be added as playable regardless of the feedback.

Jinyu should be made playable first as the Alliance players have already gotten to exalted with two factions of them and they have all the armor sets represented on models in game. That said, I doubt we will get any new allied races in the near future.

2 Likes

That’s not the load of hogwash, though? Look at literally anything. Hell, even the Shadowlands. That big female thing from Maldraxxus that uses female KT body/skeleton. I mean, come on, don’t be ridiculous. And please, don’t be like that. I, for one, appreciate that Blizzard gives love to female bodies as they are. Because they are beautiful.

You confusing Lore reasons for Technical reasons. The thing you quoted is Technical reason.

Is this a bait? Because this is my real account.

On which I’m planning to make another topic soon.

Agreed. Give the Alliance our fighting fish!

That is true. They also possess the heart of azeroth animation. Which means they may have been planned to be playable. Which means they can still do it in the future. Remember blizzard has mounts in the game for like expansions sometimes until we see them in game. They could just be waiting for a good time. For example they are a race that’s underground which is unique, they are serpentine. I like them because they are serpent like, similar to Naga, but have more animations and legs which is easier to work with. They have a mount animation already, we have no excuses in that regard. I love there sleeping animation they curl up. You can currently see animations with rogue and the sap gylph and https://www.wowhead.com/item=86589/ai-lis-skymirror

I would think the ideal time to add Sethrak would be in a life related expansion. They could easily make filler content for them to be unlockable during a content gap via questline as promotion. If they were a neutral race they could easily fit in for something to get players back into the game. And they have a presence in Hearthstone which is good, they have concept art there.

Sethraliss was also recently reborn, so she may be involved in Shadowlands content via Ardenwield down the line. They could perhaps add a questline to get the aid of Sethraliss in upcoming patches or have her do something with Anima perhaps. She seems like a nature/lightning/healing loa which may fit in a life expansion too.

3 Likes

“There must always be a Troll Raid” -A Warcraft Truism

Given the close relationship with the Troll story, I think it’s very possible for threads of the Sethrak story to be written in the future. And if they are involved, there lies a possibility.

I think they’d be fun as heck.