Service Update -- 3:00 p.m. PST November 25

id actually like a refund too. how can we go about getting a refund for the sub / shadowlands in general until they have their game fixed enough to justify paying for it

5 Likes

I just want to say, it will be alright and I love you all.

1 Like

213 minutes currently it was in 500+ minutes few hours ago. This is ridiculous.

4 Likes

Global AH + free xfer = victory.
I would even personally pay the transfer at double price with global AH

They knew this was coming, I mean it’s 2020 and they couldn’t look at server populations before launch and say “damn we might want to handle this before launch?”

I mean this is something old Blizzard would of taken care of.

But a refund of some sort should be offered up. Because for us that have to raid when raid comes out, we won’t be able to.

2 Likes

Except not all do. Proudmoore is full and I am playing on it, no queues to get in (and yes I play Alliance on proudmoore).

This is definitely some backend issue regarding the specific servers such as Area 52. Someone at Blizz dropped the ball.

2 Likes

Free server transfers would be supremely helpful.

2 Likes

:confused: This is silly, replied on wrong toon earlier but yeah with over 500+ wait time this is just ridiculous. FYI I got on like 7 hours ago and got disconnected and have had this wait time since then.

I don’t understand why Blizzard doesn’t lock servers like these. I made a bunch of characters in the past couple of months on Area 52. If it didn’t allow me to do so because it was a full server, I would’ve never done so. And now, I gotta wait for 4 hours to log in and it’s gonna be laggy when I finally do so anyway.

Transfers pls :frowning:

3 Likes

yea i agree, the idea that you cant server xfer online and its in-game only forces us to sit ques, that coupled w no free realm xfer for full pop servers is really enough to justify a refund. 3 points, 1) you cant play if you are in que, 2) you cant serverxfer unless youre in game and lots of ppl have d/c issues bc server capacity problems rn too, so 3)that leaves some people unable to play, login, or server xfer = why not refund me bc then i cant play the game but i am still paying for it???

1 Like

I know, not all “Full” servers have this issue. But is their hardware, they should know on what server they should let ppl create new chars and what servers they shouldn’t’ allow any more new chars.

Also, they should have look at previous launch and see what issues they had with X and Y server and do something to prevent those issues. But I guess they didn’t…

1 Like

So is the character transfer actually cost blizzard money to do?

Or is the price really just to deter constant transfers and make some money on the side?

It probably doesnt cost more than 50 cents , its 2020 its probably an automated system anyway. And the system is not to deter, its to make more money, as activision blizzard is one of the greediest company on the planet.

3 Likes

I’ll take 12, 1 dollar transfers!

1 Like

yeah, at this point I assume is an automated process that move the data from one server to another. They spend $ building the automated solution 1 time, now most of it is profit.

1 Like

Then why do they not just open up a temp transfer system so that people can get off when the server cant handle it then when it goes back to normal players can just come back…

A little of column B. IT isn’t to deter constant transfers. Its for profit alone. Doesn’t cost them anything, hell now its literally automated with no human interaction but the person initiating it.
Its essentially a con, create an atmosphere, and in that atmosphere fabricate demand and then put a hefty price on that demand in order to profit from it. When they did nerfs to racials after years of people comitting and dedicating to a race, they nerfed them and cause this massive racial change and made a killing selling race changes. S*** doesn’t cost them a penny. But you pay what 25-30 bucks?

3 Likes

Open the transfer for hundreds of players at the same time, it’s not a good idea. Because everyone will submit at the same time at it will create another issue. Because I’m a %100 sure their transfer system is not build to handle so many ppl at once and that’s why they don’t do it.

Do something blizz this is not working so try something diffrent maybe like free transfers just a suggestion.

2 Likes