Servers down. Cheaters being punished

“it’s not cheating or an exploit, it’s a clever use of game mechanics which Blizz tolerates and actually encourages” - WoW Classic / WoW Classic General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Here, read it from the horse’s mouth.

They are not going to band for something that is not a forced exploit. The player did not make the lockout go away. Bliz didn’t add the lockout.

The Lockout is a common knowledge for everyone. Heroics can only be run once a day.
People who did it, have done several chained runs.

That means: People got exalted yesterday, got all exalted rewards, including the JC recipes, got trinkets, etc.

That is clearly the violation of the ToS that I’ve simply linked here:

They will remove the rewards and issue suspension whenever it fits.

If they don’t sanction these exploiters, they will keep sending a message that there is no punishment and the only thing that can get you actually suspended is being mean to others in game.

3 Likes

Technically the second they said “a hotfix is coming” is your warning to stop exploiting…

Just saying.

8 Likes

The player didn’t make the flask quest bugged either. And yet… bans were handed out.

The line between “clever use of game mechanics” and “exploit” is wherever Blizzard decides it should be, and they can change their minds at any time, without warning players not to do something that is obviously not intended.

Also does anyone have any doubts that this guy was running H MGT on his main yesterday after this flaccid attempt at defending it? lol

2 Likes

Reality check hitting hard

1 Like
6 Likes

Nope, not this time.

Nah, but they DID put transfers and the boost on sale again lol… Blizz shakedown ENGAGED!

That is not why we’re having a maintenance.

Cherry pick however you like. The full scope of that Blue post says a lot more. The OP made a very broad statement that people are getting banded.

I stay, Bliz has a habit of not banning. The link I posted is their rational for not banning. So until there’s wide spread bans happing. I’d stick with “Define: exploit” because it’s a grey area that only Blizzard can solidify.

1 Like

It seems that you have done several runs of MgT heroic and now you’re in shambles.

2 Likes

Lol cmon bro… You and I both know that this was an exploit and not clever use of game mechanics.

Clever use of game mechanics would be the way classic vanilla players could solo angerforge

Knowing the lockouts for heroics are once a day and spamming it as much as you can before blizzard catches it is exploiting.

1 Like

I play retail, heroics are def not once a day there I didnt know omg.

they removed heroic lockouts on retail recently, only mythic has lockout.

I can’t wait for the “I was banned and don’t know why” threads. :rofl:

1 Like

More like a Trojan horse… make something they knew to watch and wait for the ONES they want to spam it…

Reported for spamming threads about the same topic

Why so salty?

I made this thread because servers went down.

Go chill and cry a little.

Nah, it’s definitely spam.

1 Like

seriously man, as much as you RP on the forums; you really ought to consider Grob