Server transfer

Are you able to cancel this if you decide you don’t like the server you moved to? I’m thinking about moving alli toons so I can play horde on my current server, but if I don’t care for the horde side would it be possible to refund the transfer and get sent back or is it just once you are gone you gotta wait 3 months and pay again?

Your best move is to roll a new toon on the server you are looking at and scope it out.

Try before you buy!

4 Likes

Classic transfers have a 90-day cooldown, but I’m just guessing their client based off their posting characters.

OP, remorse is not usually something that they’ll process a refund for, but only Blizzard makes the final say. Such requests are also extremely time sensitive, within 12 hours of the transfer to be safest, I’d wager.

Otherwise, yes-- waiting for the cooldown to elapse before buying another transfer is your option.

3 Likes

Didnt realize it was classic thot it was retail.

Just to add on to what Ekon said, while Blizz might refund one transfer, if you were to move a number of characters and wanted them all to be moved back, the likelihood of that happening is pretty small…as in, I’ve not seen them do that in my time posting here.

That doesn’t mean it couldn’t happen (I try not to say never), but if I were a betting man, I’d bet heavily against it happening.

It may end up more ‘cost effective’ to fund a new WoW account, and start a new character on the classic account associated with that one to see if you like playing on the horde side.

2 Likes

I believe the answer will be No.

If you move all your characters from one server to another, you will incur the 90 day CD on each character. On top of that, if you create a Horde character on the then blank server, you’ll be locking that particular faction to that server.

If at some point you don’t like Horde, you’ll have to wait for the 90 day CD on each character to expire to transfer your characters back.

My best advice would be to research the Horde side on your current server, talk to friends, look on the forums, see if you can get in contact with some potential Horde guilds via the forums, and get a feel for what you’ll be experiencing.

I also agree with what Perl said, that it might be better to make a new WoW account and start a Horde toon on the server you wish to play on.

1 Like

The answers provided here have been pretty spot-on, so thank you all for sharing!

These services are intended to be final, and while a Game Master may be able to assist in a situation where a mistake was made (if reported quickly), they generally do not reverse/refund transfers if you later change your mind.

As others mentioned, creating a new character on the destination realm can be a good way to get a feel for the community on a realm you’re considering moving to. Doing research first is a great suggestion.

Moving all of your characters can be a hefty investment though. If you do decide to move, perhaps just start with one and see if it feels right at max level before committing to the rest.

I hope you find a home you enjoy :slight_smile:

5 Likes