Server population is an emergency that needs to be dealt with

Thats easy to say after the fact for sure.

The solution is to never have had realms transfers as an option. Which would have worked great before this but at this point is not a solution.

The potential for free moves from high pop to targeted low pop realms was given out before and it was hardly utilized, due to player choice. Nobody wanted to go the realms players had already killed or labelled as “dead”, another community caused issue.

Essentially if you are going to blame blizzard for player choice, you are by extension asking for blizzard to choose for you in terms of server and faction. Any fix to this is way past being viable.

3 Likes

blizzard when choosing between actually fixing issues in classic vs just putting in cash shop features and retail features:

2 Likes

Anti- Rdfers and other white knights for blizz getting called out circa the 90’s:

2 Likes

No, you don’t get it. They want Blizzard to choose for other people. Not them.

4 Likes

I agree with you on a lot of these points. It’s too late for easy fixes. The effort Blizzard would have to put in at this point would be extreme. Shutting off transfers at this point would only cause people to unsubscribe.

Incentives for transfers could work but it’s take a fair bit of work to ensure they’re tied to realms that need love and not just funneled back to realms that don’t.

Ideas for incentives (locked to realm or character that transferred)

Free upgrades to deluxe edition
Free mounts/toys probably the same offerings as given for 6 months/1 year subs
Free boost to level 30-40 on the targeted realm
Free repairs, guaranteed dungeon boxes regardless of role for 90 days
Free charters for guilds/guild banks for those that are GMs of guilds over a certain threshold for size.

Make up for what now?

I’ve done my part, Blizzard didn’t give a crap back then either.
I’ve been screaming at Blizzard non-stop, I’m just waiting out my CC membership at this point.

2 Likes

Would any of this get you to move from Benediction to Sulfuras if you were Alliance?

The only think that MIGHT convince people to move to smaller realms is a guarantee that the can transfer back to their mega realms, for free, for any reason, after three months.

PVP faction imbalance is a more difficult challenge. Honestly, pvp ruleset for the server should just be disabled if one faction falls below 30%. As for incentives for PVP players I don’t know as a PVE player. Can’t you do pretty much everything but wpvp xrealm now?

It’s the only one that really matters IMO. As a fellow PvE player, having the other faction on the server does absolutely nothing for me.

But, lets take PvP out of it. Would any of the things you listed get you to move from, say, Mankrik to Old Blanchy?

As someone that moved from Mankrik to Bloodsail I’m going to go out on a limb and say I’m not your target audience for that question.

2 Likes

That’s fair.

Wish I never did the free transfer off of Grob for Eranikus on all my characters but that queue time was brutalllllll

1 Like

Blizzard never promised you a balanced server, they promised you access to a server that doesn’t take 4 hours to log into.

The hilarious part is I’m pretty sure Sulfuras and Skyfury are still locked despite heavily declining population. Ironforgepro is showing 1628 for Skyfury. TOTAL. That’s very low.

Sulfuras is 3% alliance 97% horde atm and locked with less than 7k. My human priest is on Sulfuras and I can confirm it’s quite dead Alliance side.

How are they this bad at handling the servers? Between the neglected server locks and the time of mega queues classic must have lost 30%+ of it’s playerbase.

Personally, I went back to playing retail. DF is actually pretty great IMO.

2 Likes

Yeah…I live and learn that lesson too.

I was able to fix horde, whiteman later on is a nice home for them.

its alliance that has me stuck. The only viable option is atiesh, but I was there. its 0300 cali time is not much better than OB’s.

Anyone know what the actual largest server is for each respective faction? You can’t really trust the ‘‘full’’ or whatever it says on the right of them.

Only blizzard knows.

Ironforge “guesses” off logs. But, yes, not all log.

I know form some av’s we lost hope in the cave before start seeing our 12+ posse of bot dk’s…we chatted. some of us on now 4+ matches seeing the thing knew them well. so…it was lets be social time.

Faerlina is not hiding 1000’s of non logging alliance was confirmed by the faerline alliance in the AV lol.

1 Like

Blizzard doesn’t care about server management. They gave players a paid option to transfer. They’ll just do nothing and let players pay them extra.

1 Like

So when I select the server I play on, and I select my race and class, how is this blizzards mismanagement? They have NEVER chosen my race, class or server selection.

OP - you keep repeating how they made “promises”. Yet, in the very body of the quote you referenced you fail to see this part:

You realize what it means when they say it’ll take some time, right?

You claim to work in some form of management, but you fail to understand the basic meaning of how they’re acknowledging a problem and are indicating they’re seeking to address it.

To be clear - I think they’re dropping the ball something fierce in a lot of ways, but I have as of yet to see them make any “promises” you keep blathering about.