Server maintenance - 8 hours?

hello, the server maintenance today states that it will be ongoing from 7AM until 3PM. Is this the general timeline for this or does Blizzard just give an 8 hour window because they’re unsure exactly how long it will take??

I guess what I’m asking is how long will the server shutdown be (on average? or in your estimation)

6 Likes

expect it to take the full 8 hours. this is a maintenance day in advance of a major patch, so they’re likely doing stuff to get ready for that.

tuesdays are maintenance days, and have been for 18 years. most are just a short period of time, but they sometimes go longer, typically in advance of major releases or on major releases.

31 Likes

Pre-expansion maintenance can often be long for a variety of reasons. Expect it.

8 Likes

Welcome you must be new to wow: Take a look around, see all the sights and take in those wonders upon wonders that will open before you!

As your guide and someone who will help you with your first time ever playing wow (which I call sus…says you been active since 2020 HMMMMMMMMMMM either way!) Anytime there is a major patch, or expansion about to be launched be it classic or current wow the weeks leading up to it will be riddled with extended maintenance time.

Within two years of you being active how you would never notice this confuses your guide! because this has happened a few times within the last 24 months but new people will be new you are lv 13 you clearly can’t know anything otherwise!

So yes, This window is 8 hours of down time, you can expect the full 8 hours of down time if they post it will be 8 hours of downtime before a major patch, exp, etc etc. NEVER expect less down time…ALTHOUGH in a twist to the plot you never saw coming you can expect MORE downtime - 8 hours is a good target number, never expect 7 or 6 hours: but you can expect 10-12 hours so the true number is really 8 hours (should be) with a 2-4 hour extended buffer.

Again welcome to world of warcraft, this will never change and has been every, single, Tuesday when a major patch or exp looms since the game has launched: it is not a surprise, or mystery, or reason to get angry (as many threads will have)

12 Likes

I’m just going to sit here in front of my window drinking coffee and glaring at that bright lying sun! Looks all sunny and nice but no! it’s like 29F.

17 Likes

Make no plans for today and just hope its up and playable by the scheduled time. It can be wonky

3 Likes

You don’t have to call me suspicious because I never said this was my first time playing or anything like that.

Your answer is extremely odd though I feel like you’re belittling me /trolling me while at the same time answering my question.

33 Likes

It will not be 8 hours, not a chance. Expect 10-11 hours. And expect even more time next week.

13 Likes

I mean you (according to your profile) have been on these forums awhile with alot of likes, views, and active and never came across an extended down time? I feel this is bait to just rile people up so…I stand by where I stand

10 Likes

Both of these!!!

Pre-expansion patch maint is always long and, to be honest, you can hope it ends on time, but it might go longer. The given 8 hours is an estimate.

Tuesdays are a great day to plan things for outside the game! Whatever projects, errands, chores, etc. you need to do go forth and do them! Then get a nice hot shower/bath and relax with a warm beverage :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Thank you but I don’t have any chores or errands or projects but I’ll be back! And I shower every morning so I’ve already done that.

Also please stop harassing me people. All I did was ask for clarification and now I’m getting attacked by people. I will flag anyone who continues to harass me. I never said this was my first character or that I was new. Just because I play wow doesn’t mean I know everything about maintenance.

14 Likes

Yes! Tuesday is my bath/shower day each week too!

11 Likes

My math is a bit fuzzy, today, but given the information at hand, I would say roughly 8 hours.

1 Like

You should know, your past post count illuminates on that fact.are you just bringing this up just to get the forums in a tizzy? That’s not hard lol

2 Likes

If nothing else, tidy your room/office, clean off that desk, clean the keyboard/mouse, clean the fans in the PC, vacuum, dust, do any dishes/clear any trash. Put on the laundry, and get a nice hot shower when done.

Then, whenever it comes back up you are all set for a nice play session in a clean room with clean clothes. Your PC will be all set for patch release next week as well.

I have guests expected to stay here later this week so, guest room cleaning and set up time for me.

5 Likes

PTR will also be in maintenance?

12 Likes

if you don’t have anything to add then why bother. All you did was attack me now for no reason. I’m trying to get clarity and people answered already that’s all.

5 Likes

Wrath maintenance is only scheduled for one hour. If you’re really dying to scratch that WoW itch, today may be a great time to give Wrath Classic a try.

Sure bro whatever you say