Serpentstalker's Trickery

do all hunter runs. can do a run in 5 minutes that way and you don’t need to waste time queueing or fighting trash.

How is it that this legendary is one of the best even in aoe? it says it applies serpent sting to the primary target… not secondary targets affected by trick shot.

i am confused.

You hit 1 target, then tab and hit the next target, and then tab and hit the next target and so on and so forth until they’re all stung.

The serpent sting proc also counts as a separate skill activation for Wild Spirits.

tab target aimed shot cast. thanks for the info.

It’s a factor of being able to maintain Serpent Sting on 2 targets by alternating between them and our other legendaries being underwhelming.

And well, it’s also one of the strongest legendaries overall as Serpent Sting accounts for around 7-8% of your damage on single target. Most sims I’ve seen for other classes had their best ST legendary under 5%. I would not be surprised if it eventually gets nerfed to apply Serpent Sting at a reduced efficiency.

Koltira’s Favor (FDK) 7.88%
Deadliest Coil (UDK) 7.9%
Cat-eye Curio (Feral) 7.09%
Apex Predator’s Craving (Feral) 8.1%
Draught of Deep Focus (Feral) 9.33%
Circle of Life and Death (Balance) 8.29%
Balance of All Things (Balance) 19.08%
Temporal Warp (Arcane) 8.07%
Disciplinary Command (Fire) 8.68%
Slick Ice (Frost) 8.16%
The Mad Paragon (Ret) 7%
Windspeaker;s Lava Resurgence (Ele) 11.6%
Witch Doctor’s Wolf Bones (Enh) 14.53%
Deeply Rooted Elements (Enh) 11.54%
Legacy of the Frost Witch (Enh) 10.81%
Forces of the Horned Nightmare (Demo) 8.14%

Is SST really that much of an outlier here?

I wish Bloodmallet would give us ivl ~210 sims which is what people will progress with instead of 184. That would be a more accurate picture. I imagine we’ll have that next week.

But yeah, that wasn’t available yet when I was looking and not all classes had sims/optimized APL. Guess SST should be safe then.

Hearing abt people running it 50+ times is discouraging me to farm for it. The RNG in this game is crazy.

just dropped for me in a 4 hunter and a rogue group doing feign death and stealth shenanigans

We really shouldn’t have to do that crap just to get a legendary recipe, tbh. God, Blizzard is terrible sometimes.

Im curious about how effective this legendary is straight single target though. Arent we clippling the dot constantly since we cast aimed so much?

surging shots is really the only other option and its not till raid comes out

It was between 7 and 8 percent of my damage on a ST boss during the beta raid testing.

And keep in mind that we were in Careful Aim window for most of the attempt duration.

I got it on my first run :joy:

1 Like

Yes, we’re clipping the DoT like crazy, but that honestly doesn’t matter. Clipping is only relevant when you’re using a GCD on the DoT. This DoT is effectively passive, applied by something we cast anyway. We basically just have a permanent uptime Serpent Sting, passively, without any effort or cost.

And yes, as above, it’s about ~8% of our DPS when we have that legendary, and it augments Wild Spirits damage because the free Serpent Sting that it fires also triggers as WS burst.

FINALLY. Got it after between 15 - 20 runs of plaguefall of varying difficulty.

1 Like

Its accounting for about 6% of my dmg at the moment on ST. Guess I was just a bit disappointed, as I thought this would do a bit more damage, and not a huge fan of the DOT clip. Since serpent’s dmg is mainly in the dot, its basically like a little extra dmg on the aimed shot. Thank you for all the feedback though.

edit- consistently 6% or less of my dmg on multiple m+ and elite tests. Hopefully upgrading it, or using it on a longer fight raid bosses, will get it up higher. However, I do think this is on the low end of the bell curve relative to other classes legendaries and dps gains

Have lost count on the number of time’s I have run the dungeon. And with horde dungeon que’s being about 45 min each. I’ve come to the conclusion I probably won’t get it. Disappointed is a word that doesn’t do justice to how I currently feel farming this drop, with no result.

That is very likely to be changed considering they fixed a similar interaction with Animal Companion + Stomp giving extra procs today.