Seriously why must you mess with the portals... they were just fine

Yup the portal situation was just fine they way it was… but not only did you create this crappy portal room you modified the shrine of the two moons portal room and also all the legion portals in dalaran. I had a portal right to caverns of time and now thats gone. porting to honeymoon village and flying to the opposite side of the continent is really dumb. having a portal to karazhan was amazing… cant do that now. whatever.

32 Likes

Where do you need to go exactly that take too much time since the change ?

9 Likes

You are a little late with this feedback. This change was made with patch 8.1.5.

Patch 8.2 is coming out on Tuesday.

10 Likes

It’ll have been 4 months since the removal of the Caverns of Time portal before they took it out and said ‘whoops, we’ll add that back in.’. How long does it take to add a portal?

Water Strider Mount equipment… Getting from BFA to the Angler Rep in southern MoP by way of Honeydew Village (the ONLY route available to everyone) takes like 10 minutes.

And you can only carry one of the mount equipment at a time, so if you need another… time for another 10 minute trip through Dooker land.

Not to mention that it makes farming MoP’s raids (like for the still new raiding with Leashes) in ToT, HoF, SoO… take longer than ever to get to … and WHY? Because the shrines were some kind of problem? Really? Were they?

And what’s so great about Aszuna that we need a dedicated portal to take us there?

19 Likes

they needed to funnel people into one area since pop numbers are dying

7 Likes

It took a little getting used to, but it’s alright overall once you get used to it. If you get a cloak of coordination, it has a 2 hour cooldown and puts you right in the capital city’s portal rooms. As a backup, your Dalaran hearthstone puts you 50 yards from a portal to the portal room as does your garrison hearthstone. Then you have your regular hearthstone for say… that pandaren farm you grow trillium on, then the ilevel 395 teleport ring that puts you at your bfa port.

That said, there was a quest in Dalaran that pointed me to the chamber of the guardian for a specific portal… and I had to work out 2-3 portals and 15 minutes of flying to get to that place on an alt after the portals were removed. Blizzard might modify that quest to make Khadgar just open a portal next to him for purposes of that quest, like he does for one or a few other quests.

2 Likes

Nope. Nice try at being dramatic though. They stated they wanted to consolidate the portals. They did, we don’t like it, you’re very late to the pity party.

8 Likes

not trying to be dramatic its obvious they didnt want people spread around the world with different hearths they wanted to funnel everyone to org for the portals no pity party just stating thats why they did this if you dont see this your blind friend

4 Likes

It doesn’t even create a convincing illusion of ‘activity’ though. No… I think the reason for the portal changes is because they want to discourage people from farming old content so they can switch under-utilized legacy compute services over to support higher-player-per-zone-density expected for Classic.

2 Likes

you can use the Uldum portal to get to CoT i mean i know its not the same zone, its next to it but is that the issue ? you have to cross 1-2 more zone to get to CoT ?

I dont understand the issue with the water strider here …

2 Likes

theres a reason they added a bunch of npc’s running in and out of that room thats exactly what they were going for trying to convince the player thats its bustling with activity

10 Likes

Cross 1-2 zones where you didn’t have to before an arbitrary change. Yes it’s annoying. There was no logical reason for this change other than add a few extra minutes onto the play time when we want to get to a specific place.

5 Likes

Or, I could just not long in because I’m tired of sitting there staring at the back of a taxi-bird’s head for like 50% of my time in the game.

I mention the strider because if someone changes their mind after replacing their mount equipment with something crafted, and they want to set it back to water walking again… they have to use the new portal room’s access to Pandaria… which is -seriously- far away from the angler rep vendor. You can carry 1 if you remember to buy one after using it. But it’s a UNIQUE item, so no stockpiling allowed to save you a future unnecessary trip.

The shrine would have been closer to half that distance away.

But Blizzard in their infinite wisdom, decided to make Honeydew our portal entry point… because it’s so central and conveniently locat… hahah… I mean not.

6 Likes

Probably because they want players to get used to the new system so it’s not as a big of a shock come next expansion when we’re running all over EK and Kalimdor to fight off the Old Gods.

1 Like

Laughs in mage :rofl:

1000g a port! Muhahahaha…:smiling_imp:

2 Likes

ok i wanted to be sure i understood the probleme you guys have with this. Im sorry i cant be on you guys side on this one. I personaly feel like portals should probably all go maybe we could keep 1 or 2 per continent (Dalaran, Shrine, Warspear etc) but all those portal are just shrinking the world for me this is a good exemple of convinence that should go away. I mean we all have 310 flying mounts right ? (i could even see flying go but thats a other discution)

I also dont see any issue with the strider/new equipment im sorry.

Caverns of Time portal is back with the new patch. I’ve included pics of where the CoT portal is located in both ORG & SW. The one in ORG is in a new section of the Portal Room.

Orgrimmar Portal Room:

Take a left here to enter new section

CoT portal ahead

Stormwind Portal Room:

At end of hall near the Exodar & Shattrath portals

9 Likes

I like the new portal room, it’s nice and organized.

Only change I would make regarding portals is if they remove a niche portal, they would give Mages the ability to learn how to create portals to those places. That way it gives Mages some of their niche back and encourages some player communication.

You could make em tied to relevant older reps, like Wyrmrest Accord for the Wyrmrest Temple Portal, and the Keepers of Time rep for the CoT portal.

8 Likes

If the person asking for a port isn’t on your server… no gold for you! (due to Blizz not allowing xrealm trading with maybe only a few exceptions such as the 2 hr timer on loot drops in a xrealm dungeon/raid group)

2 Likes

There was a portal to kara??