Serious lag ever since DF

Yeah I’m having the same problem. It started for me in Shadowlands s4. I could do M+ in Tazavesh and pull 200 murlocs and it would be fine, but ever since s4 it started lagging out and getting MASSIVE fps drops whenever there are ~10 enemies. Now in Algethar my computer freezes 100% of the time when a tank pulls the lashers and I get to around 10 fps on other not so big pulls.

My PC is fairly high end and everything is up to date and it runs other current gen games without problems. This only happens with WoW. I also tried with and without AddOns, with settings from 10 to 3 and still happens with barely any variance at all.

Good plan. I wish you be best of luck, must be very frustrating.

Had the same problem until I decided to uninstall my anti virus software. Now it’s ok.

2 Likes

Blizzard really should roll out an optimization patch and make it a priority for 10.1 at least. There is no way a PC with a Ryzen 9 3900x, Radeon RX 6800 XT and 48gb RAM should be struggling with WoW.

Hope it helps.

My fps is dropping like crazy in DF. I have a 3070, 4.5ghz, 32gb ram, this is just insane. Tried disabling all addons too, tried multiple graphic settings, tried multiple videos, nothing changes it. In raid I’m dropping to 40 fps! I play MW2 and get 200+ fps ez. Some zones Im getting like 260 fps but then I go in a dungeon and all hell breaks lose as far as fps drops and raid same. I’ve tried so many fixes, I am running windows 11. In valdrakken im at like 50 fps…lol with this setup I definitely shouldn’t be dropping to 40 fps or less in vault of incarnates with 25 people. There has to be something going on with DF optimization or some connection. I’m using a nvidia GPU and an AMD ryzen CPU.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/

/console GxAllowCachelessShaderMode 0

Restart the game.

If this doesn’t fix it, it could be an issue with an add-on.

1 Like

My only halfway fix is swapping from direct x 12 to direct x 11.

3 Likes

Yep I have done everything here and everything all these other players listed. High end pc high end laptop. I just finished raiding in FFXIV with max settings 140 fps all day long cpu never went over 78c… about to give up on wow

With the 10.0.5 update I was having issues and the frame limit was set really low for some reason, might be worth checking. Usually I set it to 144 but it was at 0 or 5 or something.

Yea bro, iv done everything on this list and more. It’s not going away anytime soon

The only problem ive had in dragonflight is sometimes my camera angle gets weird, but I know how to fix it and it only takes a few seconds

It probably has something to do with the Nvidia problems that are a known issue that Blizzard have said they’re in contact with Microsoft and Nvidia to try to resolve it.

Same with me. Doing a /reload fixes it.

Not happened in a couple of weeks now so maybe there was a fix.

1 Like

oh yeah. i forgot to mention the part about /reload.

1 Like

Games been very mushy feeling for a while. Instances and raids as well.

It’s been worse this expansion but ability lag has been all over the place since 8.1

If both pcs were running nvidia I would but it but I have two completely different systems. both 120+fps until a month or so into DF… I understand latency issues and lags but 30 second freezes and full blown DC’s / not responsive is a new issue for me. Been playing WoW on ultra graphics since WOTLK never had a issue :frowning:

Yea i dont know i dont freeze at all, i used to on log in but not anymore

It’s not your pc. It’s the game. I have same issues. Sometimes the game just freezes up for like 30 seconds then it comes back to life.

Then there’s zone server lag too. For the last 3 weeks the plains zone has been unplayable at times. Finally this week it seems ok. Several people in chat have same issue when I ask about the lag. It’s honestly ridiculous at this point in the release.

Yeah mate I’m upset. Finally get a good expansion and I cant even play it lol. We should certainly be past the lags or at least have more of a public announcement that they know its and issue and are working on it. I came to these forums mainly because someone in chat told me blizz mods usually respond on here and clear up grey areas.

Havent seen anything yet

1 Like