Sept 8th-12th 2019 - WoW connection issues / WOW51900328

And maintenance didn’t fix it either.

The below thread would continue the whole “Linux based” argument.

Yup haven’t been able to login since Saturday evening. VPN worked for about 10 minutes on Sunday. IPv6 is not an option. Forcing players to come up with work arounds to play a game is pretty bad business. But I did come up with a great solution, cancelling my subscription. Which I was kinda thinking of doing anyways cause layered worlds and no battlegrounds is not my classic. Maybe I’ll try again whenever phase 2 rolls out.

1 Like

^^^^ THIS… ACCURATE! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can get a new IP
Change the mac address on your router (WAN SIDE)
Reboot your cable or DSL modem

OR

Release the IP on your router
Change the MAC ID on the router (WAN SIDE)
Renew the IP

Make sure to save the changes on your router

You may still need to reboot your ISP device to clear old data if your ISP only allows 1 IP address (on cable modem systems rebooting the modem does clear this limitation up but you still need to change the macid since the DHCP server may give out the same lease if no other NEW customer picks up your old lease in that time period)

1 Like

Bottom line, we should not have to jump hoops to ‘fix’ their (Blizzards) issue(s).

I Gave it 90 minutes to ‘fix’ my side where noting was wrong, result: Logins: Classic Fails at server select, Retail works fine

All they are doing at this point is letting people needlessly spin their wheels with ‘fix’ scenarios as they are not properly updating their paying clients to avoid useless time wasting.

2 Likes

going on three days now, can only connect using a VPN. this is ridiculous for a company this size.

2 Likes

This doesn’t work. The “Dynamic” IP address assigned to me is leased out until the 15th on this month. If I try to change it myself, I can’t connect to the internet at all because my ISP sees a conflict between my account and the IP address leased out to me.

I’ve already tried cloning the mac addresses of different devices on my network to try to trigger some sort of auto release/renew on my ISP’s end. It’s not working. Hell, the mac on my network right now is the one for my Google Home speaker… still same result: one computer can connect and one computer cannot.

You must have a special contract with your ISP or a commercial account and/or one that has strict rules where they require you to register your mac address and personally marry it to your ISP device and ISP account.

My current ISP is Telus and back in the day with DSL we had to manually register with them like that, most cable provider however don’t provision this way and marry your device through the cable modem as a primary and secondary mac address which link your account via the cable modem information (at minimum the CM MAC)

Shaw who was whom I had been with previous allows for 2 IP’s on the account, uses cable modems and the above steps provided earlier would work just fine.

I also used to build out cable HFC networks at headends and remote manage them from provisioning servers to the whole infrastructure, and in any setup we’ve seen it was rare a customer would have had this done (we only saw it during take overs [switch over from their old support serivces to ours])

Could you call your ISP and see if you can fix that, tell them some of the services are not working because of restrictions on the remote end and changing the IP address is the only way to troubleshoot further.

just got a new external IP.

still no go.

VPN has been the only fix for me.

F

My error code Im getting is WOW51900319 is this the same as what your talking about? I’ll go from 75 Lat to 2058 and eventually disconnect. It happens in random intervals.

1 Like

Hey Blue we have almost 1000 posts are you all trying to fix this?

2 Likes

Can select realm on classic but won’t connect. Can’t even get to realm select on retail. This is the third day now. Tried creating a ticket and it keeps kicking me back to the same page.

3 Likes

ive gone through every suggested ‘fix’ but nothing has changed or helped…still stuck with dc error (WOW51900328). Everything on my end is running fine and everything up to date. Any info on getting past the realm selection boss would be GREATLY appreciated

2 Likes

Third day posting on this channel… error (WOW51900328).

I am getting really mad right now.

1 Like

I already tried to call. They told me they can’t force a renew.

like I said my error is WOW51900319 weird…

1 Like

Using Pdanet on my phone with no luck. Tried blutooth connect, no luck. Untethered and tried wow companion, no luck. All other internet works fine in all 3 of these situations. Diablo works. Just no WoW or Classic. 51900328. Sprint could still be blocking for the same reasons you were. but Diablo III works great.

3 Days and I did everything by the book and whatever all the suggestion from everyone. VPN or not still no go for me.
FIX THE DAMN THING and stop blaming that is us. You cant have over 1000 post plus twitter is full of people reporting the problem.
What happen really? This is nonsense.

5 Likes

I even tried downloading an older version of PDANET 4.19, on my phone and laptop, internet works WOW doesn’t…51900328…BLEH

1 Like