Sept 8th-12th 2019 - WoW connection issues / WOW51900328

Internet Connection : Wired Fibre Optic
ISP : Telkom Indihome, Indonesia
VPN Fix it, tested using Betternet VPN connecting to Australia VPN Service
Only play on Classic

I had the exact same issue since last night, error code 51900328 on classic and retail wow. Unable to submit a ticket since it refuses to submit it on their web page.

I fixed my problem by using a VPN. Obviously they banned my IP last night when I got disconnected in the middle of a gaming session.

I did not change any TTL or other network settings. Simply changed to a VPN. I bet $5 I can now send a support ticket also.

Their service score get’s an 1 out of 10 from me.

2 Likes

I don’t know if playing with VPN could be ban or not,
I am just testing it as requested for this thread.
Not gonna keep using it.

Using a VPN is not against their ToS but they do not support technical issues if you use a VPN.

So any further information from the blues? We’ve had 1forum visit so far?

Most of us have common issue and a common fix with very specific OS version setup(s)

The others that still have issues have more uncommon related problems and those people should post on another forum to narrow their issue down further after posting a comment here.

This is unfair to many legit customers that Blizzard is not providing us any information on their DDOS countermeasures and just admit someone frigged up but as per my previous posts they must be doing other detection / fingerprinting methods too that some of you are meeting such as cellphone tethering (like how an IOT device may do it) or VPN connections (again same thing), some could be common between many people.

Whoever they assigned to help them mitigate against the DDOS the company needs to seriously have a talk with.

Considering the fact that we are all over the world having this issue [I’ve seen a few people outside of US&CA post in one of these forums), why are they not taking this more seriously.

FYI IPV6 for many people also is not an option, not all IP’s are IPv6 or dual stack capable (which means you would need to look into a setup through a tunnel broker)

2 Likes

How do you run a traceroute to blizzard WOW servers? Wouldnt that tell how many hops are happening through tethering apps?

1 Like

I got increased ping with VPN, minor thing, but feels dissatisfying how the issue impacted heavily for my ISP default connection
 sad

Ahh this is pretty crappy of them. I am also a Linux user (Debian Buster w/Wine) and I can also not play classic or retail on my nix install. From other posts sounds like they blocked Linux Users and some ISP’s and VPN’s.

Internet Connection: Wired Broadband
ISP: Telbru (Brunei)
Does a VPN fix the issue for you, if so, which one? : No VPN ( it only affect OCEANIC servers, US servers worked fine)
Is this affecting both Live and Classic connections? : Classic (didn’t download retail)

Almost 2 days now, unable to play on classic OCEANIC servers :weary:

I can’t even get the battle.net launcher to connect. I have several friends who are playing, but I haven’t been able to log on since last night around 12am. I got an instance not found when I tried to take the boat - logged out, and that was the last of it.

2 days now
 really Blizzard? I’m thinking on canceling my sub.

2 Likes

tbh, i don’t think the issue in on blizzard side, as the issue also occur on other sites such as wikipedia, blizz also posted tweet say the ddos occur on ISP level

I am a Linux user (Debian Buster) and running this from a few above got me working.

sudo sysctl net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=128

This will not persist when you reboot but hopefully Blizzard just fixes issue vs requiring this work around.

While the VPN fixed my wow classic issue and I can now connect, it STILL will not let me post a ticket using their official web page

Unfortunately did not work for me. I believe my ISP is blocked or something
no idea anymore. This is crazy.

was using a Premium hotspot shield vpn on my windows 10 desktop, but once I turned it off it seemed to work. possibly the vpn is blacklisted.

Internet Connection: Tethered(PDANet)
ISP: Cricket Wireless/AT&T Mobility LLC
Does a VPN fix the issue for you, if so, which one?: Yes, so far ProtonVPN(Connected through Canada).
Is this affecting both Live and Classic connections?: Yes, both.
Character(s): Raegor, Taikara
Realm: Bloodsail Buccaneers.

Was kicked off mid-flight from Orgrimmar to The Barrens.
Have not been able to play since last night’s wicked DDoS attack.
The horrifying WoW51900328 error blocks any advancement past Realms list.

“netsh int ipv4 set glob defaultcurhoplimit=128 -> for windows”
Did not work for me, but thank you.

However I have no issues connecting now,
when using ProtonVPN; Connected to Canada.

Though I do not want this to be the only solution.
Would appreciate being able to connect normally before the DDoS attacks.
But I can understand if that’s easier said than done.

Wikipedia got DDoSed at the same time as Blizzard.

Add me to the list of people that haven’t been able to connect.

Broadband via Charter
OS Win 10
No VPN
Cant’s even get to a character screen
Retail and Classic.

Internet Connection: Wired Broadband
ISP: Spectrum/Charter
Does a VPN fix the issue for you, if so, which one? : I have not tried using a VPN
Is this affecting both Live and Classic connections? : This is impacting both Live and Classic