Sept 8th-12th 2019 - WoW connection issues / WOW51900328

Internet Connection: Wireless
ISP: University WiFi
Does a VPN fix the issue for you, if so, which one? : Tried ProtonVPN, didn’t work
Is this affecting both Live and Classic connections? : Yes

I also use Windows instead of Linux, unlike most people with this issue it seems :frowning:
Also, I’m able to log on Oceanic servers just fine, interestingly.

So i haven’t been able to connect since 4 am this morning ive tried all troubleshoots still nothing iv un installed and reinstalled i play on au servers cant join the US servers as well

me too… anyone help? i try everything i could !!! no work!!!

same, ive tried everything the articles linked to it suggests, haven’t been able to get past server screen with this error message for 2 days.

1 Like

Yep same here. Haven’t been able to log on for about a day and a half now it seems like (and for what it’s worth, I’m tethering through my phone).

I have a suspicion that other hotspot users aren’t able to get in to anything WoW related because of the DDoS attacks that were happening. If this is the case, I would really like some clarification from Blizzard on this and maybe an update on when we are going to be able to play again. Because otherwise if there’s no clearcut solution for us, I’m left with no other option than to cancel my account because I’m just wasting game time at this point.

Please Blizzard, help us out here

2 Likes

I have been unable to log in since yesterday morning. I get both “You have been disconnected. (WOW51900328)” and “You have been disconnected from the server. (WOW51900319)” I’m on Win10 x64. My friend that lives 20-30 blocks away from me on the same ISP is able to log in. I am also unable to log in from the WoW phone app. I am able to log into Hearthstone, HotS, Overwatch.

1 Like

It is the DDoS thing.

I could get on yesterday, but I could not zone (hearth) into Borealus or Dalaran. It was very weird. So I just stayed playing in Mechagon, to be safe (where everything was fine, except not being able to LEAVE THE ZONE!)

Now I can’t even get logged in, this morning.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat, and i hope the steps that I’ve tried to go through to double check that its not on my end help someone else in not pulling their hair out trying to figure out what it is.

I have been having issues logging into both Retail wow and classic wow for the past 24 hours. At first i thought that the issue was from the regular maintenance updates that were being done on the games, however my friends have been able to log in without any issue (as far as i was aware), so i figured it was a problem with my internet. After cycling my router and my modem fully, the issue still persisted. I have been able to log into battle net, launch the game, and in classic it is able to load all of the realms in the realm list, however when choosing a realm, it stops at the “Logging in to server” popup, and then kicks me out, giving me a WOW51900328 error code. Thinking that it was an IP issue, or something to do with ports being blocked, i contacted my internet provider. I have confirmed that there are No blocks happening to any ports needed for WOW, we re-set my IP and also reassigned a new IP, re started my computer, re-installed the launcher, and still no change to being able to log into the server. When trying to access the retail wow, it does the same thing, getting stuck on the logging in to server popup. Being that the issue is not from my provider, i followed the instructions on https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549, where i went into the wow folder on my computer, renamed both the classic and retail files for interface, WTF and cache to InterfaceOld WTFOld and CacheOld, then launched the game to set the changes. Still, the issue continues. I restarted Battlenet, and even re-installed it, and the problem still persists.

If the problem is with the DDoS attacks, an update or announcement from Blizzard would be really appreciated, as I have (and probably more people) have wasted a decent amount of time trying to troubleshoot.

4 Likes

Hi,i had exactly the same problem with the WOW51900328 error code. I am now connected and wanted to tell you how i solved it for me.

First i used a VPN service with an US Server at the east coast. Then i switched in the “System” option at the login screen in the network tab and checked the “use IPv6 if possible” option and voila,it worked. the ping is a bit worse than usual but the game runs again ;). I hope this will help at least some of you.

I’ve been playing World of Warcraft on Linux for months without any problems until yesterday. I still can’t connect and i get the error message WOW51900328 when trying to login.

I cant seem to login since 4 hours ago…Connected and was dc after less den 1min of playtime…Blizzard customer service is from BAD To WORST right now…I miss the olden days of customer service support compare to RIGHT NOW…Even tried my handphone to connect using 4G and same connection happens…This is really pissing me off…

1 Like

Having the same issues. I was able to play for about an hour twice yesterday before disconnecting outside SW both times and today can’t get to my character selection before getting that error.

Same Problem here. I tried all the method that they used in previous post, but nothing worked out. Still disconnected, still wow 51900328. Like WTF, i paid my money to enjoy the game, not for learning how DDOS work and figuring out what is wrong with my internet.

Classic connects to realm selection, then cannot connect to the gamer server.
Retail just cannot connect to game server.

Im playing retail in a breeze no issues at all…Playing damn fine…Connect to classic got into STV less den 1min get kicked out of server…This is confusing…

I’m still getting the wow 51900328 error it’s been about 24 hours now and I still get onto the game. Any update on this?

Looks like plenty of IPs, like yours, has been banned from the game servers to prevent damage during the DDoS. If you were connected during this weekend’s DDoS it might be why you’re stuck in this mess. But no official answers on it yet

Internet Connection : Tethered via PDANET+
ISP : my phone is Cricket aka ATT
I dont trust VPNs or use them
Yes affects both live and classic

Hi. Been almost 10hours. Unable to stay logged for more than 5 secs.

Oceanic : remulos
Connect from : indonesia
Service provider : first media

Pls reply to this thread if u have same problem so we can contain 1 thread for the complain.

1 Like

Vietnam here, its been hours for me too, could not log into battle.net or classic wow.

Are they blanket blocking Asia because of the DDOS?