Sept 8th-12th 2019 - WoW connection issues / WOW51900328

Their ticket submission service is NOT working. I have tried every way to get in touch with them. Is anyone having a similar issue? I’m on the west coast of NA.

WOW51900328

This is obviously not on my end it is on your end. Ever since the DDos attacks I have been unable to connect to the game server through my usual means, my hotspot internet through straighttalk using the SecureTether app, which by the way, works to browse the internet and works for other online games just fine, this is only affecting WoW. I have tried both WiFi(My usual) and Bluetooth (Dial-up Connection). I specifically have this service to play this game because I am currently stationed in a hotel permanently, I have been doing this for over a year with no issues until now. Here is the kicker, the hotel offers WiFi, I CAN connect to the game server on the Cox Wifi offered by the hotel BUT it is so terrible (Bad upload/download speeds) that I can not stay connected for over 5 minutes. So, you see how this is unusable to play a game that demands a constant stream of data and having a free wifi connection available which cannot keep a constant stream going for more than 5 minutes. Can you offer a solution for my hotspot connection to work once more? I don’t understand why SUDDENLY this is not working. This is NOT my end it, it is on your end, I pay for this service and am a dedicated player of your game, I know you most likely hear that a lot but I believe every person here that plays this game counts and I believe all issues should be taken seriously. Please tell me this is temporary of PLEASE offer a solution to this if possible. It makes NO sense…

Yes, having same issue. I cannot open a support ticket either. As soon as I press the submit button it scrolls back up and does not submit it.

Same error code, started last night.
No idea what to do besides post in these forums since I am unable to reach them for any assistance.

1 Like

I recommend that you don’t use the hotel wifi or any public wifi service without a VPN. I would consider it dangerous.

I just find it strange that I can connect on the horrid free Wi-Fi I am offered here at my place of residence but not my hotspot that I pay for… It makes no sense. With the free wifi I get DC’d every 5 minutes or less…

I have a VPN and I don’t use the hotel wifi I have my own hotspot which will not allow a server connection yet the crappy wifi here in the hotel will. I live in the hotel and have for a year sadly it’s the only option right now. I have used a hotspot to play the game for over a year, now suddenly it doesn’t work.

Changed it to 128 worked for me

Have you tried changing your TTY to a higher setting yet?

It shouldn’t work but it has worked for a lot of people on this forum so far, including me.

Day 2 of being unable to connect. Tried everything posted and had no luck. Unable to connect with my Verizon hotspot and phone tether. I am able to connect with satellite, but I’d rather not even bother with a 2 sec ping.

Not sure how to do that, not well versed in this sort of thing, it’s tethered from my phone carrier works through a VPN, using SecureTether, and was working fine until the DDos attacks. There’s been no changes to my settings or anything, the only change in the hacker attacks. Also everything else works through the hotspot, every other game, internet browsing, etc…

Have you tried changing your TTY to a higher setting yet?

Could you explain how to do this?

1 Like

I am having a very similar issue, do we know if the DDos attacks are only affecting certain ISPs? Could that be the issue?

It started happening with the DDoS attacks, so it has to stem from Blizzard’s ISP and the way they are preventing the DDoS.

In other words, they are most likely blocking our tethered connection? wow…

2 Likes

@Zlo posted this earlier:

netsh int ipv4 set glob defaultcurhoplimit=128 -> for windows
sudo sysctl net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=128 -> for linux

For windows you will want to be logged in as an administrator or open a CMD window as an administrator.

For linux you could skip the sudo part if you are already logged into a shell as a root

1 Like

Same here except using Cricket phone (Att)

The game has been down for me for over a day. At the log in screen lunches and boots me off on both Classic and BFA this keeps showing up (wow51900328) says you have been disconnected from server…

i have been reporting this same problem for two days, and the CS keep BS me with “We are still monitoring”.

I have had the same issues and there hasn’t been an official announcement about it. Most of my friends have been playing without issue

1 Like

Same error I am getting with my tethered connection through Straight Talk. It acts like it will connect but drops out at the end. 2 days now as well.

Thanks mate, this worked for me