Sept 8th-12th 2019 - WoW connection issues / WOW51900328

Linux user. Ubuntu 18.04 using Lutris. Same issue as all the other Linux users.

Edit: Should mention I’m trying to log into Thunderfury.

2 Likes

Loads server select, can’t connect to any realm.
ISP: Verizon Wireless
Error: WOW51900319

(RECAP: Linux/ARCH - Lutris/DXVK et al… no connect on clasic or retail)

I ran a Wireshark on the client… to destination/from destination server (IP redacted)

So the basic stream here…long log simplified.

TCP IP connect > SYN/ACK starts Key exchange > Main Logon server accepts > TLS1.2 stream open to game server… > String of 10-15 ACK requests (connection) and TLS Client Hello Strings (attempting connection) > Re-attempts MANY times… Fail

No SYN packets from Game server AT ALL… I’m not a master network tech, I held a CCNA a long time ago, but in my analysis of the data I have (multiple run attempts) that this is classic black hole. Just drop the connection with no connection attempts made from the server.

We are being blackholed, a bad blacklist? Crap DDoS protections? IDK. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news (run wireshark on your systems to see).

7 Likes

Same issue. I’m using the Lutris and stuck at ‘Logging into game server’.

Server: Thalnus
Character: Ionepaua

Solve this problem please!

1 Like

Drills new twitter got suspended already

Sooooooooo any chance of whitelisting… paying customers?

5 Likes

Pretty sure this is exactly the issue, a blacklist that is including player IPs. I posted a bit back that changing my IP fixes the issue. Some people have reported enabling IPV6 fixes this issue as well(likely due to connecting through the IPV6 IP).

Makes sense. When the DDoS hit I wasn’t impacted at all. Till after everyone began logging back in then BAM.

If everyone effected, if you have the knowledge to do so, could run a Wireshark capture so we could compile data it could be helpful.

It’s not just the IP, a lot of people swap to their Windows machine on their network and they are fine. Even thru vpn I’m blocked.

Yeah I don’t think it has to do with IP, I’ve changed my IP like 5 times now and It hasn’t done anything.

Yep! I’m used notebook with Windows 10 of my girlfriend and works!

The problem only affects Wine players.

1 Like

Just let us in already

1 Like

When selecting my realm, Ashkandi, I too am disconnecting with error WOW51900328.

I run WoW on Debian via WINE / Lutris through a Comcast connection.
I also use a VPN (ProtonVPN) via a pfsense box. Earlier today I reboot the router and that got me back in, but now I am facing the error again. Resetting all network devices and lowering the VPN is not bypassing the error.

Interesting to see so many other Linux users in here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If i had to bet money on it, the TLS header data will contain GNU TLS header and likely they are blackhole’ing that. Nice to know customers as getting screwed on this. I get you have to defend DDoS … but seriously.

Upon thinking, this botnet is likely using GPL libraries and thats what they thought the solution was. Blizzard knows damn well plenty of people use linux, they can see WINE versions from the client data (hell the anti-cheat even detects linux and still runs anti-cheat on linux), this is short sighted on their part. Maybe call a network engineer before you make knee jerk reactions.

4 Likes

This is affecting people on windows on well. I’m only able to reach it on win10 on a vpn

2 Likes

its not just wine users i’m using windows 10 and i cant get in. same error 51900328

2 Likes

I use Windows 7 and I’ve been hit.

1 Like

For people following, on the linux thread we are getting duplicated Wireshark results on the blacklisting of the client connection…

If someone has the knowledge i’d love to have this confirmed on a Windows or Mac effected system.

1 Like

No one said it’s Linux users only, we’re saying some people are illegitimately being blocked, and as it happens all the linux users are part of that group.

3 Likes