Character: Sinklardamus
Distro: Mint 19.1
ISP: Yes Telecom
Using Wine+Lutris
Error: WOW51900328

1 Like

Realm: Blaumeux

Changing my external IP lets me in. If I switch back to the old IP I get the error again. Might be possible that anti-DDOS measures are causing player IPs to get blocked. Not entirely sure but thatā€™s the only thing that worked for me.

Realm: All of them, classic AND retail.
ISP: Mediacom
distro: Arch
Using just wine. (no lutris).

(also have friends using Ubuntu + lutris with no issue) (edit: friends later started having issues as well)

1 Like

Same here. I was playing classic when it started, and once I disconnected and tried to reconnect it failed. Once I hopped on a VPN which changed my IP I got in without issue.

Mexico City, Totalplay ISP, Windows 10 OS, I canā€™t access to any battle network for a WinMTR, neither to the launcher. I canā€™t even log in directly to WoW (error number BLZ51901016).

Realm: Several
ISP: Charter
Error Number: WOW51900319

Been trying to log in since about 1PM CDT

1 Like

Been trying to login for 3 hours now.
Same error, WOW51900328
Phone based connection, cannot use anything else for another 8 hours.
Windows 10 laptop.
All servers, both Classic and Retail affected.
tried everything so far.

Tired of trying.

Wife in other room on a Mac logs in fine.

1 Like

Linux user. Ubuntu 18.04 using Lutris. Same issue as all the other Linux users.

Edit: Should mention Iā€™m trying to log into Thunderfury.

2 Likes

Loads server select, canā€™t connect to any realm.
ISP: Verizon Wireless
Error: WOW51900319

(RECAP: Linux/ARCH - Lutris/DXVK et alā€¦ no connect on clasic or retail)

I ran a Wireshark on the clientā€¦ to destination/from destination server (IP redacted)

So the basic stream hereā€¦long log simplified.

TCP IP connect > SYN/ACK starts Key exchange > Main Logon server accepts > TLS1.2 stream open to game serverā€¦ > String of 10-15 ACK requests (connection) and TLS Client Hello Strings (attempting connection) > Re-attempts MANY timesā€¦ Fail

No SYN packets from Game server AT ALLā€¦ Iā€™m not a master network tech, I held a CCNA a long time ago, but in my analysis of the data I have (multiple run attempts) that this is classic black hole. Just drop the connection with no connection attempts made from the server.

We are being blackholed, a bad blacklist? Crap DDoS protections? IDK. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news (run wireshark on your systems to see).

7 Likes

Same issue. Iā€™m using the Lutris and stuck at ā€˜Logging into game serverā€™.

Server: Thalnus
Character: Ionepaua

Solve this problem please!

1 Like

Drills new twitter got suspended already

Sooooooooo any chance of whitelistingā€¦ paying customers?

5 Likes

Pretty sure this is exactly the issue, a blacklist that is including player IPs. I posted a bit back that changing my IP fixes the issue. Some people have reported enabling IPV6 fixes this issue as well(likely due to connecting through the IPV6 IP).

Makes sense. When the DDoS hit I wasnā€™t impacted at all. Till after everyone began logging back in then BAM.

If everyone effected, if you have the knowledge to do so, could run a Wireshark capture so we could compile data it could be helpful.

Itā€™s not just the IP, a lot of people swap to their Windows machine on their network and they are fine. Even thru vpn Iā€™m blocked.