Seperate Twinks in BGs

I was totally griefing 40 Horde players when I was tanking Galvangar and Drek’Thar on my L79 dorfadin last night.

That’s pretty nuts. 20k+ HP isnt even that common in the 79 bracket lol. Im mostly fully twinked for 78 and thats around what i have.

Its worth the pain to get here because the 79 bracket is a ton of fun. Especially as a Priest.

Just finished a WSG with (1) twink Warlock against (1) twink Priest and (1) twink Mage.

• this will come as a shock to the crybads who insist every game is 8-9 twinks against 1-2 Level X0s, but no. If you played a lower-bracket (which you dont) instead of crying about PVP you dont even do (which you do), you’d know this is the norm.

It was a hard carry, but I managed. Just had to keep killing the enemy Druid FC and we won 2-1.

2 Likes

I’m just at 20k and i dont buy this idea that 69 twinks have that much unless they are like blood dks or prot warrs

I have 16500~ unbuffed, so no – Level 69 twinks with 20,000HP is not the norm. Half that much would be ‘high’ for non-tanks with full buffs.

they dont want that. they cant one-shot them.

3 Likes

chad yes 10char

1 Like

Don’t they do that in Cata?

They introduce separate queues if you have XP turned off, which you kind of have to do to twink, since you gain xp in bgs.

AFAIK, this pretty much killed off twinking, didn’t it?

1 Like

Yes and no. retail got it back somewhat when looms went to gold buys.

You start off much better with full looms upgraded. And enchants.

Then in game poors/cheapos/or leveling purists no looms…called it twinking. So it muddled the word meaning a bit. I heard twink used alot in BFA and SL.

It wasn’t twinking. it was jsut some people liked running enchanted looms. I did. I made enough chars leather, mail and plate based it be kind of foolish to not have them. They met their return on investment and then some…

1 Like

Twinks dont fight twinks they probably have a discord up and talking to each other. Fighting each other slows the number of hks they get during the match.

Usually twinks dont help with actually winning.

I just leveled a Druid fresh on Grobb, no heirlooms, no free gold, no BIS gear from 1-69.

I did every bracket of battlegrounds, and there would be no ques popping if they separated twinks and levelers in most brackets after prime time.

Level 19 and 60 are usually fast at all hours, the rest of the brackets are dead outside of prime time.

If you are not a twink then figure out what your class can contribute to the team, Heals , CC, dispels, support your teams twinks.

And go play Heroes of the Storm to become a better Battleground player.

You can still twink in retail but it requires a bit of finesse on how to game the broken stat scaling in the low levels. Notably while your ilvl and power would be squished it wouldnt squish scaling off certain enchants and gems and trinkets even (i.e. i had a fury warrior with dual sader in the 19 bracket granting me like a ridiculous amount of strength every time it procced that i could one shot people, and it always procced off whirlwind)

There were also multiple ways around the xp lock too, ways i cannot share here

Leveling BGs feels much better in Classic than retail tbh.

Getting one shot by scaled 70s or MM hunters in retail in every game, every bracket, is worse than the twinking in classic.

1 Like

No. You go get some gear and compete. It’s not even hard. Have a buddy run you through some dungeons for gear.

People queuing up on the lower end of the bracket with crap gear and then complain cause they got pwned. Duh. That’s what’s going to happen.

Play smarter. Get some gear and play as a team. Hide behind your tinks. Target what they target. Play the gd objective instead of trying to get meaningless kills.

Yes look at me. I’m a tink. I have two accounts and built this guy in a matter of hours. It’s not hard.

Hell for a few gold pieces you can make an ah welfare twink.

Adjust. Adapt. Overcome. These are the tenants of pvp on every level. Git gud or go wait in the car.

1 Like

Twinking is for obliterating people. And there’s nothing wrong with that.

This is not completely true. "XPoffdot com is still a thing to this day. The twink cup has ran for years.

The reason blizz did away with twink ques was because there wasn’t enough people queuing in regular low level bg’s.

Even thru all the ilvl nerfs, the template pvp crap we had. Twinks were still a thing.

Yes. I agree some are just seal clubbers but that’s not the whole community and to claim other wise is pretty disingenuous. Just add the “twinks only want to fight other twinks”. Some not all did in fact want to compete with other twinks. Some were just seal clubbers and they quit when they faced other twinks.
The ones who kept playing and competing like the competition.

Not only that. A lot of noobs get pwned and scream twink. Omg he has a blue item it’s a twink!

I can’t think of another community within wow besides moonguards ummm alternative scene that has been around as long as xpoff .com’s twink cup and the twink community. The real community. Not the seal clubbers.

It’s still a thing to this day for a reason and that reason is not seal clubbing.

Twinking is not the only issue. You are going to have low level people in Bgs. With BoA gear any level 19,29, 39… will be more powerful than any only below the x5 in the same bg level.

Removing twinking will make the game looks plausible but the outcome wont change. 4 Boa Gear will still farm non Boa geared people.

I’m leveling one of my alts and the twinking is ruining my pvp experience tbh.

and to all the “go play retail people” Twinking in non-twink bgs was removed in classic wotlk. So it’s still classic, you are the ones fighting for non-classic change and for what? to one-shot people all day? In bgs, very rarely… were there are no twinks… I HAVE A VERY GOOD TIME win or lose… its so much fun with other leveling lowbies

1 Like

I’m leveling this character and did WSG all last weekend during bonus. Overall, it was not a bad experience. We faced some twinks, but I saw so many players in level 17-19 gear in the 30-39 bracket who complained about twinks even when they weren’t any.

As levelers we have other ways to level if PvP is too harsh, but PvPers only have one place to PvP. I’m not sure why levelers think all methods that offer xp should be catered to them.

2 Likes

No pity for the undegeared.

5 Likes