Sentinel hero talent

Does anyone have a clue how its gonna be ? I dont know if im correct about “sentinel” fantasy, can anyone clarify to me please ? thxx

Hasn’t been released yet, nobody here knows anything more than you do: it’s called “sentinel” and it’s split between mm and sv. :dracthyr_shrug:

if any secret blizzard employees are lurking here and feel like jumping in with more info, great, but before you do that, can i have a pony?

4 Likes

I think they’re asking what the assumption is based on the name. Dark Ranger and Pack Leader have obvious themes attached to them. Is there anything in WoW history that might hint at what Sentinel refers to?

To me, a sentinel is like a guard of some sort. That might imply it’s primarily defensive or supportive in nature, but I’m not up on the lore enough to know if there is already an existing theme that makes more sense.

1 Like

yes it is the name of the night elf military.

the hero tree will almost certainly feature glaives/chakram enhancements, maybe something to do with owls, almost assuredly something to do with elune

5 Likes

Dark Ranger is obviously themed after Sylvanas, so I’m guessing Sentinel will be themed after Shandris Feathermoon. Perhaps?

Pack Leader would be? Hemet Nesingwary? Hmm…

100% it’s a rexxar themed hero talent tree

That makes sense. Forgot about Rexxar.

kinda hoping it’ll be a worgen of some sort, but that feels too obvious. probably because i’ve been running a lot of SFK for the Throbbing Love Rocket mount and the alliance quest npc there is named smth like Pack Leader Ivo. :frowning:

it’s going to be rexxar cause he’s one of the few “hunter”-y warcraft heroes and he’s known for his pack of animals he fights alongside

Rexxar’s notable abilities are his companions and the ability to stealth indefinitely. Fingers crossed for indefinite camoflauge. I imagine several of the talents will be named after his pets.

man i keep forgetting he didn’t die in bfa. what’re his pets again? he had a bear and some boars in the visions of n’zoth so i could see talents to give pets a knockdown like the old gore ability, maybe some stuff to make pets tankier…

im sure pack leader is going to make kill command hit harder for SV/BM, maybe give an ability a chance to summon a dire beast (both bm/sv have abilities that contain self stacking buffs), maybe a change to stampede to make it not bad, things like that

1 Like

He has had several pets and each had their own role in the story. I’m speed reading this stuff atm. What I suspect…

• A wolf that grants a defensive, because he had a wolf pet that sacrificed itself to save him.
  • A hawk that does AoE damage via chain lightning.
  • A bear that grants self-healing via Hungry Bear.
  • A boar that charge stuns and possibly quakes the ground.
  • A wyvern that gives a damage increase.

The animals also have names, which should be the names of the talents. I assume these pets will be tied to other abilities, because that’s a lot of button bloat otherwise.

I think his bear is called Misha

I guess that would be me since everyone thinks I am a Blizzard employee.

This tree will delve more into specialized trap, trap mechanics, and defensive postures. More like the “Tinker” class anyone might have looked forward to.

Anyways, if you can believe that as truth, you’d believe anything. Because the ALPHA for TWW is not even out yet.

Sentinel is going to be a Mass Aspect of the Turtle that covers the raid/party. Everyone else will be able to continue DPSing except for the hunters. Has a chance to reset Kill Command and Aimed Shot charges.

1 Like

lol what no one thinks that

2 Likes

who knew grug the orc hunter was secretly holding back and was a master in the ways of the night elf sentinels and had a pact with elune. so stupid. they say they couldn’t make blademaster work but this is somehow ok

2 Likes

Sentinel might finally offer up a dw melee option, and possibly unlock glaives for hunter use too. Would make sense. Hopefully not ONLY glaives tho that would be a terrible idea but something Blizz would do.

4 Likes

The chakram is so cool. Feels a bit like Krull. Maybe you can channel it as Sentinel.

1 Like