Sentinel hero talent

idk if them making marksman dw melee in a hero spec is very likely

Not saying mm would get that. Saying for surv that might be an option. Perhaps a talent that simply unlocks different things for each spec. Say boost lone wolf for mm and boost the melee power for surv.

Unlikely but possible.

hero talent trees are not changing things up this much

I agree it’s not likely, but with hunter who knows.

I hope they are better than dark ranger. Was not a fan of the dark ranger talents at all

My guess is more nature magic stuff, hopefully some trap stuff. Less RNG pets spawning and cluttering the screen would be nice. Dont like it on MM, fine on BM but not MM

A little form of speech called sarcasm. No fat duh. Because what did I say? WAIT on the ALPHA to come out which should be soon.

I really wish talents that gives ranged glaive animations and skills, like the huntresses in wc 3, death chakram improvements and one skill like shadowmeld =)

1 Like

Sentinal will be a Hunter/Pet Tank spec.

As crazy as it sounds, it could fit. As Hunters we could never be healers, and we DPS. So what is it a Hunter can semi-do now in a pinch? Tank. With some talents from BM and the nature of the current SV, it could happen.

I said it here. Take the date.
Edit Lol posted on my Shaman, but as the name says, I am Shadowaxe, SV Hunter.

1 Like

I think it’s going to be a support tree for sure. As in we’ll need extra support during big damage bursts so bring an off healer. Every time we receive support from another class, there is a chance to reset Kill Command and Aimed Shot charges.

this isn’t how hero trees work

5 Likes

Sentinals are night elf archers. Rexxar is not a sentinal, he would be a beastmaster

The most likely themes for sentinel are:

• glaives/chakrams
  • bleeds
  • stealth
  • sentinel owl
  • ambush
2 Likes

technically they’re night elf soldiers, nothing specifically archer

Imagine if we get the old glaive toss ability back somehow :o

It’s quite likely TBH :smiley:

See this picture:
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowpedia/images/a/af/Darnassus_Sentinels_TCG.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1000?cb=20150713100307

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Sentinels

Unfortunately i think its going to be mostly a survival tree. My guess is traps\glaives\pet stuff.

I hope it has something for MM because dark ranger is awful

4 Likes

I’m praying they don’t make me spec into sentinel owl to use this tree.

Ah. Sentinel Owl.
Probably the least chosen non-passive talent in the game.

I’m also very curious about this tree. To me Sentinels are so heavily Night Elf that I don’t really know how they’ll expand it into a class. Outside of it being Night Elf lore heavy… what’s really different about a Sentinel? Sometimes they use a Glaive?

Unless they’re going completely away from WoW Sentinel and going to the meaning of the word… So we’ll have things like standing still to buff damage? More Range? Not sure how that’ll work with SV.

I hope it’s good though. Pack Leader & Dark Ranger didn’t really do a whole lot for me. One is more of the same, and the other is a theme I’m not too keen on.

1 Like

It could be solely replacing trap and aspect fantasy with alternatives and working around that. Passive multistrike would be cool, a toggle that converts your next raptor strike / aimed shot into a piercing attack would be interesting as well, they could bring back some stuff like counterstrike and a modified deterrence but I see it as unlikely they invest the tree in a bunch of new defensives.

Damage wise survival and mm trees are very invested in already existing abilities so I cant see them making alternatives to thing like wildfire bomb or rapid fire without having to have subnotes on every talent about how it works different because the new ability has X/Y cooldown, which would just be terrible to read. My guess is kill shot is replaced with a rotational ability, or even a combo point resource system.

tbf though mm could use a talent tree remake with how arcane shot and multishot waste parts of the tree that see little use.

Came here to say that i feel dispointed. The worst part of it is that im leveling another hunter while im writing this reply, idk what i deserve