Self testing a bug

Note - I already have an open ticket and am going through the proper channels. This is a bit of independent research for my own curiosity.

The bug - I cannot bring any characters near the letter “B” in Bonechewer Ruins (Terrokar Forest). Any time I do regardless of how I arrive (from different servers, characters, mounts, character levels, and even cross factions) I am crashing 100% of the time and getting logged back out with a “streaming error” message.

I am wondering if anyone can recreate this by doing something as simple as nearing that area at this point in time. (You are going to need to use the character stuck feature to get out if you do, fair warning!) Things were fine a few days ago when I was farming basilisk eyes but now it’s LITERALLY unplayable.

Blizzards answer to this right now is “just don’t go there” which is just not an option when it comes to getting this Hero of Shattrath feat. I’m wondering if it’s exclusively effecting me.

1 Like

I’m not having any issues with this myself. I just tried on Whitemane Horde, Wrath of the Lich King Classic, if that matters to you.

Here’s a screenshot to confirm I am in the correct location:

at the "B" in Bonechewer Ruins, Terrokar Forrest
:woman_shrugging:

well damn then it’s somewhere on my end. Odd considering its esclusive to that small area. Well if it persists past prepatch guess ill be doing a mass delete and UI overhaul. thanks though!

1 Like

Have you tried disabling all addons?

1 Like

everything. launch as admin graphics on 1 water OFF etc. all addons off, caches cookies cleared graphics drivers removed and reinstalled and a bunch of other stuff, tried swapping directx11 like some other users with similar issues from months ago but nadda.

Well gee! That sounds like you’ve tried a lot. Hope you get it sorted.

I see you already tried disabling addons, I would say go a step further and put your graphical settings to the lowest possible see if that helps and if its the cause.

Also there is a very weird interaction with how anti collision works in modern WoW client (changed to stop people from wall glitching), you can sometimes hit / run over / land on / a wall or surface and just plainly get disconnected.

To test if that is the case, consider using a morphing toy/food and change your model and test again.