Seems like Blizzard missed the point

It doesn’t have to I suppose. But just being stealth detection/prevention makes it more a pvp ability than a general ability. Because in pve the few stealthed mobs you can’t put HM on until you can see them and by then you are close enough to kill them. If you want to detect them from long range, use flare.

That is true.

The positive I see here, is that HM would still now be a class ability(accessable to all hunters and not just MMs), allowing all to use it in for example PvP. Removing the damage component wouldn’t change that.

Sure, it would for the most part not be useful in PvE but…it doesn’t have to be either. I mean, they’re returning Scare Beast as well which, for 99.9…% of endgame PvE encounters, matters for very little but has the potential to be useful in PvP.

Opinions vary ofc, I just don’t see the problem with having certain situational abilities.

1 Like

That’s perfectly fine. The only people who want it back are generally PVP players anyways.

That’s because it gave flavor and was a fun mechanic, but the moba players that bliz has been trying to build the game for can’t handle all that. Must be 3 or 4 buttons max. If they really wanted their game back, then we would have more things like aspects, stances, seals, etc… but they don’t want to upset the large swath of cash whales that can only handle 3-4 buttons max.